Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mathysse beats Garcia ! ... How ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen a lot of Matthysse's fights, can he take one of Garcias best shots to the chin if he so happens to land one?

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
      I haven't seen a lot of Matthysse's fights, can he take one of Garcias best shots to the chin if he so happens to land one?
      According to the Mathysse fans he won't land one his shots are too wide and looping ... And we all know Mathysse is a defensive wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
        I think Danny can beat him in the center of the ring I also believe even though some say his power is overrated he has enough pop to make Mathysse respect him and not try and walk through him the way he did Ajose ... Garcia I a pretty big kid for 140 I'm not saying its a def. win more of a pick em for me but I'm clearly the minority ... I haven't heard anything of merit that tells me how Mathysse is going to win from a technical standpoint
        You've already been told how. What do you think Garcia's going to do? Outbox Matthysse? Matthysse's a better brawler, he has better defense, he throws straighter, crisper shots, and that's how he would win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
          Yes. Nothing about either fighter suggests Matthysse can't take Garcia's best shot.

Comment

According to the Mathysse fans he won't land one his shots are too wide and looping ... And we all know Mathysse is a defensive wizard.
            Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Yes. Nothing about either fighter suggests Matthysse can't take Garcia's best shot.
            Thanks. If Matthysse is really that tough, Garcia is in for a hell of a fight.

Comment

You've already been told how. What do you think Garcia's going to do? Outbox Matthysse? Matthysse's a better brawler, he has better defense, he throws straighter, crisper shots, and that's how he would win the fight.
              Yes i do think garcia can and will outbox Mathysse (in spots) when he has too I give Mathysse a slight edge on the inside .... As far as Mathysse defense is concerned I don't see how you give him the edge in that department as both fighters leave something to desired... I don't know how you can be so sure based on what you just provided

Comment

Is not that he won't land, it's that Garcia's power has been WAAAYYY overrated after he KOed Khan and Morales... Seriously?
                Yes i do think garcia can and will outbox Mathysse (in spots) when he has too I give Mathysse a slight edge on the inside .... As far as Mathysse defense is concerned I don't see how you give him the edge in that department as both fighters leave something to desired... I don't know how you can be so sure based on what you just provided
                Garcia is not a boxer. He can't outbox ****, he was beyond lost vs Khan. People look at Matthysse and all they see is a brawler but truth be told, he does more than brawl in there. Garcia better turn into a boxer overnight cause if he tries to bang it out he's ****ed.

What advantages does Garcia have over Matthysse? Power? Speed? Defense? Swift is not so swift tbh.

Comment

Garcia isn't a boxer he's a brawler with good timing. Matthysse's proven to be hard to hit clean for the style he fights, that's why I give him the edge there. He's harder to hit clean than Garcia. Matthysse can box better than anything I've seen Garcia do.

I think it would be a pretty good fight, but Garcia is nearly tailor made for Matthysse, unless he has skills he's never shown.

Comment

Garcia is a mid range hooker. He needs you to be at a certain range to land anything that matters. He could out quick and out bomb a shot to bits Morales, and he beat Khan in literally the only style of fight Khan could have fought and lost. Lucas has a solid chin and he hits much, much harder than Danny. He turns it into a pressure filled street fight and Danny crumbles. Everyone confident in Danny needs to remember to bet me points come fight night. I think Danny gets uncomfortable with Lucas bringing the smart pressure and with the power he will land during the trades with shorter shots and will start to fight backing up and basically get on whatever version of a bike he has until he gets badly hurt. Danny has never done a thing to impress me. Get Lucas in against Morales or Khan and then see how impressed you are with Danny.

Comment

Garcia isn't a boxer he's a brawler with good timing. Matthysse's proven to be hard to hit clean for the style he fights, that's why I give him the edge there. He's harder to hit clean than Garcia. Matthysse can box better than anything I've seen Garcia do.

I think it would be a pretty good fight, but Garcia is nearly tailor made for Matthysse, unless he has skills he's never shown.
                      I don't know too many "brawlers" with a amateur pedigree as extensive as Danny's he can box you just choose not to see it watch the holt fight ... That being said wether or not he is a boxer or not doesnt matter what matters is if he chooses to box Mathysse is he better than Lucas in that department... I believe he is ... You don't ... So lets see Lucas is better on the inside , a better boxer, throws crisper punches , a better brawler , and throws straighter punches ... Yet you see it as a close fight ?

Comment

Working...
                      X