No announcement yet.

Virgil Hunter speaks on training Amir Khan, and why he felt Cotto lost to Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news.

This is what I said all along and why I was so excited about Hunter taking Khan under his wing. Khan needs to be talked to, he needs to be mentally re-configured and understand what's happening and why.

I do fear that he may revert to his bad habits when he gets tagged but we shall have to see... some other time, I doubt his fight against Molina is going to answer any questions.

I'm really excited to see how different Khan looks, he's got the potential he just needed the guidance.

Comment

If Khan wins, it’s down to Hunter.
      If Khan loses, he’s a hype job and was never that good and should retire.

Oh, sorry, have i revealed the future?

Boxing scene – so, so predictable.

Comment

Everybody knows that Khans chin is an issue. Even Virgil Hunter knows it but obviously wont say it. Virgil is basically saying that he is teaching Amir to not be so conifident and depend on his outside game and boxing ability more than his heart and will. he is teaching him defense so he wont get hit as oppose to trying to solve the unsolvable: his chin. I like Amir Khan but it just sucks that he doesnt have punch resistance. he has all the heart in the world! It I was his manager I would have no problem putting him in there with the likes of Tim Bradley, Paulie Malignaggi and even Devon Alexander, Kell brook and possibly Robert Guerrero. I think he can handle that level of punching power as oppose to a Lucas Matthysse or one of those really heavy handed guys. He has a few milion dollar pay days if he plays his cards right. He's only in his mid 20's to, so hes fairly fresh.

Comment

Great interview. Looking forward to Amir's return.

Comment

I dont care what hunter says. Kahn aint going to do ****.

Comment

Virgil Hunter knows his ****. Khan may be a broken toy that can't be fixed, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                He's an astute man and I wish him luck with Khan, if Virgil can't help Khan, no-one can.
                Khan is the only one who can help Khan,it seems to me he gets to full of himself and thats when he gets put back in check.For some reason he started thinking he had this great chin when he doesnt not and never will..I love his fighting spirit but he needs to tuck that damn chin and box instead of trying to slug.He started thinking he was Manny and got his ass handed to him

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                  I dont care what hunter says. Kahn aint going to do ****.
                  Oh like win two world title champion ships? Make over 50 million dollars? Have close to half a million twitter followers? Fight repeatedly on HBO, and become a household name in the UK? And all before 25.

You're an idiot. And you got over 2000 posts, if someone isn't doing **** with their life, that would be you loser.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    And we get under 10 replies for this articulate/insight interview? oh well.... I didnt know Cotto went to train at a high altitude why? The way he trained for the Mayweather fight looks good and i would have thought they would follow the same regime unless Cotto was really big coming into camp and they had to drop a lot of weight... I like the bit also where he said someone should have talked to Khan when Angel Garcia was trashtalking him, That was exactly what i said then and now with Zab Judah.
                    Yep. Too many 'yes men' and faux thugs ie. hangers on for those situations to be dealt with correctly in Khan and Judahs camps. Maybe different now with Hunter, but not then.

Comment

I got a much better understanding why Ward fights the way he dos and why he is not a KO artist.

Comment

Working...
                      X