Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez Sr just announced on Box Azteca broadcast Chavez Jr next move, Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez Sr just announced on Box Azteca broadcast Chavez Jr next move, Miguel Cotto

Chavez Sr said tomorrow, sunday, he, Bob Arum, Fernando Beltran and Chavez Jr are meeting to discuss a fall fight with Miguel Cotto @ 160. Likely in New York.

Discuss

Want me to discuss? Sounds like Cotto or JCC jr want no part of GGG. Very interesting fight though.

Comment

On what world does Chavez Jr make 160?

He is going to die making weight

Comment

How the hell Chavez Jr going to make the weight? I don't think the fight will get made. No way Cotto will fight Chavez Jr if he comes overweight.

Small chance of this fight happening in my eyes. Just tell either of two to fight Golovkin, especially Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
          On what world does Chavez Jr make 160?

He is going to die making weight
          Well, Chavez Sr sounds very confident about his son making weight. Jr looks like he is finally taking his carreer serious.

I really like this fight, Jr has a chance to hurt Cotto but Miguel can def outbox the sht out of Julio. Hope it happes!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Project View Post
            How the hell Chavez Jr going to make the weight? I don't think the fight will get made. No way Cotto will fight Chavez Jr if he comes overweight.

Small chance of this fight happening in my eyes. Just tell either of two to fight Golovkin, especially Cotto.
            These guys are trying to bring in the most money. At this point Golovkin is a high risk, low reward fight. Why can't you guys understand that?

Comment

They must be paying cotto a boatload to fight Chavez jr..

The size advantage would be massive and this would end up looking like cotto-marg 1

No way Chavez jr makes 160 without diuretics

Comment

What happened to Chavez jr vs froch... I thought that was gonna happen

Comment

Chavez is going to look ill at 160, he's not beating Cotto in that kinda shape. The match-up itself is stupid. One guy that is too small for MW fighting a guy who's too big at MW for the lineal title.

Comment

Figures.

Chavez Jr's entire career has been built on picking on smaller men, so it fits his profile. Of course, that's assuming he can stop toking up long enough to pass a drug test.

Comment

Working...
                    X