Collapse
No announcement yet.

I call BS on HBO not "wanting" Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get that Arum doesn't want to promote him as a headliner main event, that's fine... but why not just put him on PPV undercards and give him some exposure? I'm sure his name alone will generate interest from the hardcore fans.

For anyone saying he would be better off in GBP, go back and look what Schaefer said about Lara after his win over Angulo, he said something along the lines of it's a nightmare to promote him because his style isn't exciting.

Comment

Rigo isn't too boring... He's too good, technical, skilled, dangerous, and too much for Donaire and Arum to handle. They don't want any part of Rigo ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        Rigo isn't too boring... He's too good, technical, skilled, dangerous, and too much for Donaire and Arum to handle. They don't want any part of Rigo ever again.
        Move up to FW and fight someone who throws atleast two punches instead of one and we'll see if he's too skilled or dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
          Rigo is a supremely talented boxer and is not going anywhere.

not on HBO either

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            That's not how Ken Hershman rolls. He's having Geale vs Barker for crying out loud you think anyone in the states cares? Nope, but Hershman is about giving guys exposure regardless of ratings. Rigo is clearly one of the most talented fighters on the planet. This is Bobs excuse of making other fights like Donaire vs Darch instead of Rigondeaux vs Donaire rematch or even Rigondeaux vs Darch.

Until HBO states they dont "want" Rigo, I consider this complete BS by Arum.

I would also seek legal council if I were Rigondeaux because its clear his promoter does not have his best interests at hand and should see if there is a legal way to get out of his contract.

I don't want to hear people say "Rigo is boring " either if you cant appreciate the Sweet Science go watch UFC. Further, Mayweather wins his fights more or less like Rigondeaux does and hes the most watched boxer in the world despite being "boring".
            I'm a Rigo fan but this sweet science crap is laughable. You have to realize the targeted audience and boxing isn't just for the hardcores. People pay much attention to exciting fighters cause they produce exciting fights. Sweet Science isn't about pitty pat running.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              Move up to FW and fight someone who throws atleast two punches instead of one and we'll see if he's too skilled or dangerous.
              He is. Don't be afraid to admit it

Comment

HBO is willing to accept Shiming vs a 3-1 fighter in a scheduled 4 round bout and Crawford vs TBA, but not Rigondeaux?

Sounds like a negotiating ploy... Rigondeaux might be asking for a certain amount of money for his next fight, an amount Arum doesn't want to pay; if he's able to convince Rigondeaux and his team that his next fight isn't in high demand, he might get them to relent.

Arum is lying for negotiating leverage; HBO is in collusion with him to maintain a good working relationship so they won't call him out even if he is lying and he knows it.

Comment

I think this is grounds for Rigo to break contract. How does he have a promoter who has no interest in promoting him. All Arum has done is talk down Rigo. Rigo should jump ship and go with GBP if they're willing to promote him the way he deserves to be promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    That's not how Ken Hershman rolls. He's having Geale vs Barker for crying out loud you think anyone in the states cares? Nope, but Hershman is about giving guys exposure regardless of ratings. Rigo is clearly one of the most talented fighters on the planet. This is Bobs excuse of making other fights like Donaire vs Darch instead of Rigondeaux vs Donaire rematch or even Rigondeaux vs Darch.

Until HBO states they dont "want" Rigo, I consider this complete BS by Arum.

I would also seek legal council if I were Rigondeaux because its clear his promoter does not have his best interests at hand and should see if there is a legal way to get out of his contract.

I don't want to hear people say "Rigo is boring " either if you cant appreciate the Sweet Science go watch UFC. Further, Mayweather wins his fights more or less like Rigondeaux does and hes the most watched boxer in the world despite being "boring".
                    I agree its probably Arum B.S. but i dont think your description of Hershman or the Geale fight is accurate. Hershman wants to make significant fights in the divisions that should be made regardless of where they're from believing that competitive high quality boxing will sell itself but i wouldn't say he's apathetic about entertainment value.

Geale vs Barker is a solid MW title bout coupled with Kovalev vs Cleverly. Geale and Cleverly are high action volume punchers, Kovalev a skilled KO artist and Barker is usually quite please to watch. Golovkin, Provodnikov being exciting does aid in making that approach work when a fighter doeesn't have a build in fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
                      HBO is willing to accept Shiming vs a 3-1 fighter in a scheduled 4 round bout and Crawford vs TBA, but not Rigondeaux?

Sounds like a negotiating ploy... Rigondeaux might be asking for a certain amount of money for his next fight, an amount Arum doesn't want to pay; if he's able to convince Rigondeaux and his team that his next fight isn't in high demand, he might get them to relent.

Arum is lying for negotiating leverage; HBO is in collusion with him to maintain a good working relationship so they won't call him out even if he is lying and he knows it.
                      They don't pay Shiming's purse, nor does he get a premium slot.

Comment

Working...
                      X