Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Chins in Boxing History.....Your Thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really glad no one mentioned Zaragoza... people always talk about his chin, but he was hurt against Banke and Morales... those fights dished out less punishment than some of the guys who weren't on the list.

Hopkins was almost out against Mercado... a delayed reaction knockdown is the worst.

Camacho definitely deserves to be on there... my god he took bombs from everyone.

Chavez had a terrific chin, and deserves to be on the top 10 chin list... he went down the first time in his 91st fight or so, and it was an off balance shot against Frankie Randall. He didn't look hurt to me.

Williams has a really good chin right now, although I'm not suggesting he be on the list. Just an observation.

RANDALL TEX COBB ANYONE?!?!?!?

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
    wayne mccullough should be there...
    Yes sir... the pocket rocket could take a nuclear bomb on the chin.

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
    Margarito at 10 must be a joke. He doesn't even have the best chin today. Andrade will have words about that.
    Andrade was put down by a combination from Mack early in their fight... Margarito took a zillion flush full power punches from Mosley before he started to get hurt.

Andrade also rolls with punches to decrease their power... Margarito... does not.

Comment

Ali and Wayne McCullough have to be on that list surely?

Comment

Originally posted by J.B.moneY. View Post
        10. Antonio Margarito. He took the best shots of Cotto and that said something to me right there. No doubt about it, has an iron jaw too.
        He took arm punches from Cotto, not to mention when has Cotto knocked someone out with one punch anyway or someone when it wasnt a TKO. Cotto mostly punched going backwards and never sat down on anything, really never turned his hips. Margarito shouldnt be on that list simply due to this.....

Comment

Yea I would put Ali in there somewhere.

Comment

Homer Simpson

On a more serious note 2 more that havent been mentioned so far
            Steve Collins
            Riddick Bowe

Comment

Chris Eubank had one of the best chin's I've ever seen.

Comment

Very good and very tough question to answer. Here is my list:

1. George Chuvalo. Took the best shots from guys like Foreman, Frazier, Ali, Patterson, Quarry and others in a 93 fight career without ever meeting the canvas.
                2. Marvin Hagler. In his great career Hagler went down once (very questionable knockdown against Roldan and took the best punches of Hearns, Mugabi, Duran, Leonard and more.
                3. Jake LaMotta. The Bronx Bull fought Sugar Ray Robinson 6 times, never going down and was well known for his sturdy chin.
                4. Harry Greb. In a career that spanned nearly 300 fights was only ko'ed once fighting the very best and many times against larger opponents.
                5. Randall "Tex" Cobb. Well known for his iron chin. I don't think there has ever been a heavyweight other than Chuvalo that could take a punch like him.
                6. Charley Burley. Possibly the best fighter that never won a title could also take a good punch. Never knocked out in his career fighting people such as Archie Moore and Ezzard Charles.
                7. Salvador Sanchez. This guy could do it all in the ring. I've seen him take the best from Little Red Lopez, Wilfredo Gomez, and Azumah Nelsdon without flinching.
                8. Kid Gavilan. What a great chin this guy had. Usually when he fought, fights went the distance.
                9. Rocky Marciano. The man who refused to lose, went down twice for very short counts. Had amazing endurance and an iron jaw.
                10. Antonio Margarito. He took the best shots of Cotto and that said something to me right there. No doubt about it, has an iron jaw too.
                I would replace Margarito with Ali. Magarito has been knocked out and drop six times in his care when Ali fought 12 rds with a broken jaw twice and have take. Shots from the hardest hitting HW's in history. As a matter of fact Ali should be to 3 of the best chins in history!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
                  I would replace Margarito with Ali. Magarito has been knocked out and drop six times in his care when Ali fought 12 rds with a broken jaw twice and have take. Shots from the hardest hitting HW's in history. As a matter of fact Ali should be to 3 of the best chins in history!!!!!
                  Please excuse my bad grammer. I'm trying to type on this small as iphone!!! LOL

Comment

there up there but i think my list is pretty solid
                    Camacho faced harder punchers than Margarito, no question who has the better chin. I'd like to mention Wayne McCullough, that little dude was tough as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
                      Camacho faced harder punchers than Margarito, no question who has the better chin. I'd like to mention Wayne McCullough, that little dude was tough as hell.
                      I agree about Wayne. went the distance against Morales the prince and Harrison to name a few and was never knocked down.
                      He had a fight lined up in a few weeks but had to cancel it due to lack of ticket sales, in a smallish leisure centre. Shame. He was/is a a legend in Irish boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X