Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm so frustrated with biased commentators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't think this fight was one of those fights. Postol got schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Crawford won almost everyone round after the 4th...I didn't give Postol any rounds beyond that point but maybe an argument can be made for a round or 2 at most. So what was so bad in your opinion? Postol barely landed any punches because he barely threw any punches and couldn't even up his game in the final round when he desperately needed a KO.
      No man, Crawford won, I'm not trying to say anything which would suggest that Postol won because he clearly didn't, it's just I felt they didn't wanted to aknowledge anything Postol did (and it isn't like he did much anyways) but they showed their bias even there. That fight even isn't my biggest concern anyways for a simple fact that the right guy won it, but what they kept saying during Benavidez vs Chia was outrageous. By the way Crawford had his best performance by far, he was so sharp, although he ran too ****ing much for my taste, but his footwork was amazing! He never stopped moving and turning Postol around. I'm going to watch it again, this time in HD, with no sound, of course. I was watchinig it on a shitty stream and althought dominated, I believe Postol landed a couple of good shots that got completelly ignored, That's all I'm saying, nothing more nothing less. I'm going to rewatch it and if it happens that he missed the shots I thought he landed, I'm going to write it here.
      Last edited by StefanTosic; 07-24-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        The commentators can sway your opinion of a fight so drastically if your not paying 100% attention they can distort 1 of you 2 senses when watching a fight

HBo is the worst and they know this and are able to sway the fight to the fighter they choose. Its borderline sickening. Sh.it I remember the Vargas / Bradley fight and they wanted Vargas to get the win to set up a Pac fight but Bradley was beating Vargas so bad that they didn't even talk about what was happening in the fight for like 7 rounds, just going off on tangents about irrelevent sh.it and telling story's that had nothing to do with the action in the ring just to make the fight seem closer then it was

I'll agree with the thread starter. If I miss a fight sometimes I'll catch it later on YouTube with a Russian broadcast and I'd rather listen to that then most of the English commentators
        Exactly! I don't remember at all what the HBO crew was saying during that fight, but I remember clearly watching it live on HBO and I had Bradley winning every round until Vargas wobbled him. But if it happened the way you are saying it, it's horrible.
        Last edited by StefanTosic; 07-24-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

You have to stop the running, hold your ground in order to KO the opponent. Postol was overated but Im more mad about the running...lets hope the PPV number are horrible.

Comment

So Postol beat Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
              So Postol beat Crawford?
              Where did I say that? Quite the opposite, go read my answers on the 2nd page. Stop lying.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
                No man, Crawford won, I'm not trying to say anything which would suggest that Postol won because he clearly didn't, it's just I felt they didn't wanted to aknowledge anything Postol did (and it isn't like he did much anyways) but they showed their bias even there. That fight even isn't my biggest concern anyways for a simple fact that the right guy won it, but what they kept saying during Benavidez vs Chia was outrageous. By the way Crawford had his best performance by far, he was so sharp, although he ran too ****ing much for my taste, but his footwork was amazing! He never stopped moving and turning Postol around. I'm going to watch it again, this time in HD, with no sound, of course. I was watchinig it on a shitty stream and althought dominated, I believe Postol landed a couple of good shots that got completelly ignored, That's all I'm saying, nothing more nothing less. I'm going to rewatch it and if it happens that he missed the shots I thought he landed, I'm going to write it here.
                They gave Postol a lot of credit in the early rounds but there isn't much you can say when the guy you're watching is barely throwing 20 punches a round.

Comment

Working...
                X