Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has better Boxing skills Yuriorkis Gamboa or Nonito Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaire. Come on. Nonito dominates P4P fighters and Champs, He makes it look easy doing it too.. Gamboa has remarkable athletic abilities but the level of his opposition is still not up to par with Nonito's.

Comment

Gamboa has faster hand speed and better combination punching than Donaire. But Donaire has better boxing skills in terms of defense, timing and counter punching. Donaire has better overall boxing skills, is more polished and is a year younger. Both are at their primes and I don't think either will improve much more in their careers.

Comment

P4P Gamboa but it is close. However straight comparison(assuming Nonito moved up ) Gamboa shyts all over him.

Comment

This is like comparing Hopkins and Roy Jones; they're completely different animals...

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            This is like comparing Hopkins and Roy Jones; they're completely different animals...
            i agree

Gamboa has this freakish abilities much like Roy's while Donaire has more technical skills like Bhop minus the dirty tricks

Comment

Gamboa. However, Donaire is probably a more "intelligent" fighter, and he utilizes a much more advanced style and approach. Donaire seems to still be a better "read and react" fighter, and he has been in with better, more live competition. So despite Gamboa having the better skills, per se, Donaire seems suited to go further, with more success and not as likely to get tagged and stopped or something. Gamboa also appears to be really full at his current weight, and with his frame, i don't know if he can go up in weight without adding unnecessary bulk.

Good thing for Gamboa is that he's starting more and more to implement timing into his game like donaire relies on.

Comment

Donaire is the better skilled fighter.

Both have great athletic gifts and real power.

Comment

Donaire is clearly the more skilled fighter of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                    I'd say Gamboa is faster and hits a lot harder. But for right now Donaire is probably a bit for technically polished because he's in prime form right now whereas Gamboa is just getting started, still young and still a little reckless at times where you don't see Donaire having those types of problems at this point.

Prime for prime though, when Gamboa reaches his prime, O MAN THAT WOULD BE A HELL OF A FIGHT!!!
                    He's fookin' 29! How much longer does he have to go before reaching his supposed PRIME?!? He's as prime as he can get now, end of story. Juanma is 2 years younger yet he's also prime. No more stalling, all fights that need to happen must happen as soon as possible or else other things will come in the way.

Comment

Donaire. I think everyone is exagerating Gamboas win last night. It was a good win no doubt but most of you acting as if we found the reincarnation of Ray Robinson. Donaire is not as incosistent, more technically sound, harder puncer, great counter-puncher. Donaire easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X