Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd has several responses to 50 on twitter, but not one R.I.P to Manny Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    I don't think he's a scumbag or terrible person at all. Not sending a tweet doesn't mean you're evil. He's done many generous things with his money; Crazy thing is I'm not asking the guy to pay for funerals, give donations or anything.

I'm just saying show some fcking respect for the dead and motherfckers are getting all hurt and schit.

well then there's the problem...for me, he's a rich piece of ****...so i have ZERO expectations of class from the guy...doesn't bother me that he didnt say anything about Steward

besides, like i said, he didn't like the guy...why would he need to pay respects for someone he didnt like?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      He is held to an unreasonably high standard. You know who else I have not heard any comments from? Amir Khan, Roy Jones Jr, Andy Lee, Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto, the list really goes on.

Maybe he doesn't like the man personally or maybe he decided to contact the family personally. One thing I can be certain of is that even if Floyd paid tribute to his demise publicly people would slate him for trying to seek attention off of another man's death.
      We have heard from most of those guys and if I did my research I would probably find that more of them have said something.

Comment

like if *knock on wood* the great Larry Merchant died...you think Floyd would be sending out mourning tweets?

highly unlikely

Comment

Not liking the man or not has nothing to do with "respect".

I hope he did do something for steward behind the scenes instead of publicly like he did with Hernandez.

But if he didn't, I'm just saying show some fcking respect for the dead.

It just makes me think, if this is the case and Floyd could care less that Steward is dead and can't send a simple tweet; then I have to think does he really care or give two schits about normal people like you or myself? Probably not, but oh well.

This is just my thoughts and me thinking out loud; that's all.
          Look you're being a sanctimonious piece of **** right now. The same cancer that killed Emmanuel Steward got my Grandmother last year, you know what pissed me off more than anything at the time? Family members who had not spoken to her in years, who didn't even get on well with her writing up things on Twitter. It came across as fake and it really pissed me off. You know what I appreciated people actually contacting me directly.

I also didn't care about the family members who didn't response because I old and mature enough to accept the fact that some people simply don't get on.

If anyone is to be pissed off over the lack of Floyd Mayweather's comments it is Emmanuel Steward's family members not some piece of **** on the internet who has more than likely never spoken to the man directly.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            well then there's the problem...for me, he's a rich piece of ****...so i have ZERO expectations of class from the guy...doesn't bother me that he didnt say anything about Steward

besides, like i said, he didn't like the guy...why would he need to pay respects for someone he didnt like?
            Because despite the whole "Money Mayweather" persona, I've seen him be very generous and giving over the years. Sure a lot of his gifts and publicized donations were around the time of his fights, but I viewed Mayweather as the type that would show respect to the dead regardless if he like him or not.

Maybe me thinking Floyd was better than that was wrong.

I won't lose sleep over this, I just thought it was interesting.

Comment

Look you're being a sanctimonious piece of **** right now. The same cancer that killed Emmanuel Steward got my Grandmother last year, you know what pissed me off more than anything at the time? Family members who had not spoken to her in years, who didn't even get on well with her writing up things on Twitter. It came across as fake and it really pissed me off. You know what I appreciated people actually contacting me directly.

I also didn't care about the family members who didn't response because I old and mature enough to accept the fact that some people simply don't get on.

If anyone is to be pissed off over the lack of Floyd Mayweather's comments it is Emmanuel Steward's family members not some piece of **** on the internet who has more than likely never spoken to the man directly.
              I'm not pissed off first of all.

Second of all, I'm sorry for your loss.

Third of all, I don't have to directly know Manny or your grandmother to say R.I.P.

What that said, I don't even know you, but R.I.P to your grandmother and I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

Comment

I could be wrong because I'm not on twitter like that. But I went to Floyd's page to see what he said about Steward's passing and I saw absolutely NOTHING. No homage, no respect, no tributes, no simple R.I.P; NOTHING.

It almost made me think that I was on the wrong twitter page or the page was a fake. Until I go back to the page today and I see all these responses to 50 about "holding belts and being broke, respecting shooters", ect.

I'm thinking wow. You could do all this, but couldn't type 3 letters on your phone and hit send for a man that gave his entire life to boxing in Manny Steward. Manny was based in Detroit, while Floyd grew up in Flint; so I know they had interaction throughout their careers.

This type of stuff just really makes me think.

Just my thoughts.
                  floyd doesnt like any man named manny

Comment

Because despite the whole "Money Mayweather" persona, I've seen him be very generous and giving over the years. Sure a lot of his gifts and publicized donations were around the time of his fights, but I viewed Mayweather as the type that would show respect to the dead regardless if he like him or not.

Maybe me thinking Floyd was better than that was wrong.

I won't lose sleep over this, I just thought it was interesting.

and that's all there is to it...he's Floyd Mayweather...the insecure, immature, woman beating turd that we all know

dont mistake him for Ghandi

Comment

So? You would think Mayweather is a president or something Gosh!!! You is this guy held up as the standard to adhere to? I dont get it when he paid for Joe Frazier's funeral and he announce it on social media we had the same thing (Classless etc)....People need to realise that Mayweather is not life.

Comment

Working...
                      X