Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncle Roger vs Freddie Roach- who's the better coach and why!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
    Being objective, I have to say Roach. While his fighters have problems adjusting he did train Manny to use his right much more. He also did make Amir Khan into a better fighter (not boxer, mind you). It's hard to say about Roger. Even when Floyd had that fight without Roger (due to Roger's suspension fighting Zab in the ring), Floyd didn't have any problems. Roger also rarely gives Floyd advice in between rounds because Floyd is so talented ("just keep doing what you're doing").

I'd say that Floyd Sr. is a better trainer than Roger AND Freddie though.

^^^ This.....

Comment

Roach over Mayweather. as a trainer you should be able motivate and channel it to ur fighter. Base on the factual evidence it's hard to really judge them cause roger doesn't train but a few fighter ( if even that)compare to Freddy.

As far as advice in the corner roach by a slim margin. As the coach u are the eye outside the Ring. If u wanna laugh listen to roger talks to Floyd in the corner same sh%t every round and every fight. Roach isn't that much better with his whispering but he seems to have More to say. Roger trainer of the year; boxing had become A joke. 1 fight 4 rounds and a controversial ending. I am Surprise Ronnie Shields didn't
      Get the award.

Comment

Originally posted by r3robinson View Post
        Roach over Mayweather. as a trainer you should be able motivate and channel it to ur fighter. Base on the factual evidence it's hard to really judge them cause roger doesn't train but a few fighter ( if even that)compare to Freddy.

As far as advice in the corner roach by a slim margin. As the coach u are the eye outside the Ring. If u wanna laugh listen to roger talks to Floyd in the corner same sh%t every round and every fight. Roach isn't that much better with his whispering but he seems to have More to say. Roger trainer of the year; boxing had become A joke. 1 fight 4 rounds and a controversial ending. I am Surprise Ronnie Shields didn't
        Get the award.
        Roach for these reasons and the fact that Roger only really has Floyd, who was really Sr's. Like Floyd has said before, Roger is pretty much just there to hold his pads for him.

Comment

Working...
        X