No announcement yet.

This Is What Happens When A 7 Year Old Girl Tries Marijuana For The First Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
    Whatever. I'm just glad that she's fine.
    You see it's important. Because when people claim that their children have been cured by cannabis when in reality they have been cured by scientifically established treatments then they encourage other people with sick children to buy into treatments that are not effective. If they gave this girl just cannabis oil she would be dead.

Right now there is a very strong anti-science movement with regards to medicine, based partly in a mistrust of so-called "big pharma" that is extreme enough to stray into conspiracy theory territory. There are real world effects from this backlash against established medicine, from children of believers in faith healing dying to the resurgence of diseases like measles and polio.

So yes, it makes a difference when somebody is ignoring the efficacy of the actual life saving treatment in favour of promoting their pet woo project and using their children as billboards.

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
    I'm glad the girl is doing well and more concerned about that instead of nit-picking aspects of the treatment. Boxing, (getting punched in the head for a living) will f your brain up more than occasional pot usage. Ali was hard to hit, look at him now.

Are you a 'moronic hippy pothead' if you work 45-55 hour weeks, earn £36k plus bonuses a year, and in process of setting up a business whilst supporting a family? I'm confused how that makes one a moron...
    What does the person's job have to do with this? It's using his child as a billboard for his ridiculous anti-science ideas that makes him a moron.

For the record I think that drugs should be legalised and taxed and that revenues from tax should go towards addiction counselling and healthcare for drug related issues. Why should I care if somebody wants to inject crack into their dick? It's only my problem when it's society's problem and they start to commit crimes peripheral to their drugs use.

Please, entertain me.....

Saying that, grown men reading comics....That's moronic, living in imagination land and learning life lessons off some pretty colored in pictures.
    Different strokes i guess....
    Your brain isn't terribly organised is it? Must be all the pot you smoke.

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Your nerd card has been revoked, brother.

I know how to pronounce that and everything. Nerd card is safe.

Comment

let he who lives without sin roll the first blunt.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        You see it's important. Because when people claim that their children have been cured by cannabis when in reality they have been cured by scientifically established treatments then they encourage other people with sick children to buy into treatments that are not effective. If they gave this girl just cannabis oil she would be dead.
        What? If they gave this girl just cannabis, she'd be dead?

You got to back that up.

Comment

Boo fukin hoo.... "How dare someone question Bellowingswines logic or opinion". What i do is my business, i graft like fuk outside of it and will do more than is asked of me ALWAYS. You just moan at, belittle and pick at such petty things sometimes, go read your kids comic and chill out pigswill....

An average of well over 10 posts per day tells me plenty about you, a sad act that reads comics, fukin 35 years old...... Nuff said. Chow.

Comment

I'd like to see Squeal and NE go at it in a debate regarding the medicinal value of cannabis.

Comment

I'd like to see Peel go a week without posting, it'd be a less morbid place that's for sure.... Besides thats a mis-match, NE would rinse him.

It's like being back at school and when that **** headteacher comes in, you know everyone wants to key that car and spit on his grave when he's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                What? If they gave this girl just cannabis, she'd be dead?

You got to back that up.
                She had a fatal disease. Cannabis has no proven therapeutic effect on leukemia. She would have had no treatment for her illness and would die.

The cannabis has some clinical indication to ease the nastier side effects of chemotherapy, in particular loss of appetite and nausea. I have no doubt it made her more comfortable. But it didn't cure her.

Without chemo she dies.

Boo fukin hoo.... "How dare someone question Bellowingswines logic or opinion". What i do is my business, i graft like fuk outside of it and will do more than is asked of me ALWAYS. You just moan at, belittle and pick at such petty things sometimes, go read your kids comic and chill out pigswill....

An average of well over 10 posts per day tells me plenty about you, a sad act that reads comics, fukin 35 years old...... Nuff said. Chow.
                It's like somebody shook together the letters from half a dozen scrabble sets in a bag and pulled them out at random.

Oh and it's "ciao". Good grief.

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                I'd like to see Squeal and NE go at it in a debate regarding the medicinal value of cannabis.
                It wouldn't be an interesting argument. I would post links to studies about the efficacy of chemotherapy from medical journals and NE would... what? I'm not even sure he disagrees with me on that point.

There is no evidence that cannabis is useful for treating cancer, but supporters (ie dirty hippies who want to get stoned) are claiming that it's a panacaea.

I'd like to see Peel go a week without posting, it'd be a less morbid place that's for sure....
                Survival rates for leukemia have shot up and continue to rise due to application of chemotherapy and bone marrow transplants, treatments that are scientifically indicated. New approaches using gene therapy are even more promising. A disease that was invariably fatal before the 1960s now has survival rates from 20% to 90% depending on the type of disease.

And that's morbid?

It's like being back at school and when that **** headteacher comes in, you know everyone wants to key that car and spit on his grave when he's dead.
                I think you may need some psychological help.

Comment

I never mentioned anything about cancer wise-ass i said "medicinal value".

Comment

Cry me a river little man, i'm glad i wasted your time in replying to me (i did similar to this a year or so to you aswell).
                    Too easy to get a rouse out of you for such an 'intelligent' man, i love how that took you nearly an hour to compose.
                    And again you show us your condescending nature, you talk like that to peoples faces? Enjoy your comics.

I don't mind you btw, but every now and then i enjoy wasting your time. CHOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      I never mentioned anything about cancer wise-ass i said "medicinal value".
                      I have to say the medicinal aspect of the debate is a bit of a red herring. It's being used by potheads to try and justify legalisation for recreational purposes. It's the wrong argument in my opinion.

But the thread is about cancer so that's what my response has focused on.

Cry me a river little man, i'm glad i wasted your time in replying to me (i did similar to this a year or so to you aswell).
                      Too easy to get a rouse out of you for such an 'intelligent' man, i love how that took you nearly an hour to compose.
                      I was playing LEGO with my son and listening to the football. The fact that you envisage me sitting at the computer grimacing at the sheer effort of composing a response to you says a lot more about you than it does about me.

And again you show us your condescending nature, you talk like that to peoples faces? Enjoy your comics.

I don't mind you btw, but every now and then i enjoy wasting your time. CHOW!
                      I think it's perhaps time for you to turn off the computer and go to bed.

Comment

Working...
                      X