Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Kessler version was better, calzaghe or froch???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Kessler version was better, calzaghe or froch???

Interesting debate imo.

People feel that the one verses froch was weaker, he was coming off a loss to ward and some saying he was past it. Being inactive prob didnt help his cause. But he was fighting in a partisan denmark crowd.

However people say that the calzaghe fight was in wales which is a big morale boost., Plus kessler has a injured hand???Had surgery on it after???As i say this is what i heard, im not claiming its fact.

Either way cannot wait for froch kessler part deux.

I scored it 2 rounds to froch, but could see it being a draw. I t was no robbery and froch deserved to lose on the fact that he didnt really buold momentum on his good work. Take round 5 for example, i honestly beleived he could have sparked kessler out.

Probably the Calzaghe one but I dont know because I wasn't in the ring with him.

Comment

The Kessler Joe fought in Cardiff was a young champ maybe abit green but physically in his prime.

The Kessler Carl fought in Denmark was probably more shopworn but more experienced. I think these things cancel each other out. But its obvously harder to get a decision away from home that in it is fighting at home.

Kessler vs Froch 2 wont be all that different from the 1st fight regardless where it happens. Carl looked great vs Bute who had no idea how to keep his opponent off him but Kessler carries lights out power which prevents Carl from just walking through his punches so it changes the whole dynamics of the fight.

It will be another classic war ala Morales- Barrera and Chico - Castillo.

Comment

Kessler that fought Froch. Against Calazaghe, Kessler come into the fight with an injured right hand which affected during the course of the fight and limited him. While Froch fought an healthy and hungry Kessler,

Comment

Probably about even tbh, but the result is the most important thing, Froch lost Calzaghe didn't...

Comment

Where are people getting this hand injury story from?

They were Unifying the division, and your telling me someone was willing to fight with a hand injury? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
              Probably about even tbh, but the result is the most important thing, Froch lost Calzaghe didn't...

al of people including the american pundits had froch winning. As i say it was a close fight and dont forget, it was in denmark, which helps tremendously.

Look at the top soccer teams, like barca, they are almost unbeatable at home, but away, they are anyones...

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                al of people including the american pundits had froch winning. As i say it was a close fight and dont forget, it was in denmark, which helps tremendously.

Look at the top soccer teams, like barca, they are almost unbeatable at home, but away, they are anyones...
                I would hardly say that haha

Comment

^^^i said almost...

Comment

Froch fought him in Denmark, hyped to the eyeballs by the crowd and fighting for his career. I say that's the better Kessler, but of course, Froch lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X