Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen if Wlad couldn't utilise "Clinchski" in fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historically, clinching has been part of the sport. What about Mayweather, Ward, Hopkins, Ali, Leonard? You do know that it is a recognized defense technique in pro boxing, yeah?

Comment

Haters gonna hate....

I'm so tired of these mark as$ bi1che$ crying about Wlad holding......My a$$ holding.......man did not hold, the other guy charges at a grown a%% man and has his hands around his waist but they call holding......all he did was walk him down.

The moment Jennings actually FOUGHT ON THE INSIDE and didn't try to get a point deduction by having Wlad "hold" him he eat two uppercuts on the button.

Stop moaning about Wlads "holdin'" and actually fight on the onside instead of charging in like a f@ck1ng ****** and doing jack sh)t...."oh I think I'll bum rush him and throw nothing in the process"

Come up with a different game plan, come up with your guard up and throw some upper cuts instead of coming at him with YOUR hands at HIS waist....

If you ever been in the ring you'd know that you can break a clinch if you REALLY wanted to, you just gotta be careful not to catch one on the chin when you step back, if you can break that clinch THEN the man is clearly holding you with his arms wrapped around you. THAT there is a point deduction, now tell me how often does Wlad do that?

"ohh Wlad so strong I can't break his clinches"....move down to cruiser than.... pathetic....

Ya'll salty, why ya'll so salty for?

Haters gon hate doe....
      Last edited by Banderivets; 04-27-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Fans are the biggest fuking Crybabies.

We know why don't somebody in the Heavyweight Division come up with a Gameplan to neutralize his tactics and beat him at his own game.

Kell Brook knew Shawn Porter was a Clincher as well and loved to hold, so Kell came prepared for that inside stuff and beat that man at his own game to the point in which after the fighter Porter had the nerve to complain about Brooks "Clinching"

This is why Fury vs Wlad at least intrigues because I think Tyson will give him taste of his own Medicine. Tyson can grab and lean on Wlad as well and Tyson is BIGGER.

But it is up to their opponents to do something about it NOT the Ref, only thing the ref should do is call Break and if the fighter is not breaking when the ref says Break, then you warn and if he keeps holding on when you call break then you deduct!
        Last edited by sicko; 04-27-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I think we'd see him utilise his jab a lot more.

Not particulary in the traditional sense but in the manner that he already likes to use it. Chiefly by keeping it extended out there once he's thrown it to negate his opponents abilty to land a looping right over the top or to get in close. Just paw with the ****er, maybe draw a few circles to mesmerise his fanboys into a state of premature ejaculation.

Mix that in with the punch-step in-push technique that's he's developed to down opponents and the odd double arm thrust when flustered and we'd have a spectacle every bit as stupefying as watching him petting rivals into submission in a manner that would leave Of Mice and Men's Lennie awestruck with admiration.

"I'm a good boy George!"

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            Historically, clinching has been part of the sport. What about Mayweather, Ward, Hopkins, Ali, Leonard? You do know that it is a recognized defense technique in pro boxing, yeah?
            The Queensbury Rules, rule two:

No wrestling or hugging allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
              Haters gonna hate....

I'm so tired of these mark as$ bi1che$ crying about Wlad holding......My a$$ holding.......man did not hold, the other guy charges at a grown a%% man and has his hands around his waist but they call holding......all he did was walk him down.

The moment Jennings actually FOUGHT ON THE INSIDE and didn't try to get a point deduction by having Wlad "hold" him he eat two uppercuts on the button.

Stop moaning about Wlads "holdin'" and actually fight on the onside instead of charging in like a f@ck1ng ****** and doing jack sh)t...."oh I think I'll bum rush him and throw nothing in the process"

Come up with a different game plan, come up with your guard up and throw some upper cuts instead of coming at him with YOUR hands at HIS waist....

If you ever been in the ring you'd know that you can break a clinch if you REALLY wanted to, you just gotta be careful not to catch one on the chin when you step back, if you can break that clinch THEN the man is clearly holding you with his arms wrapped around you. THAT there is a point deduction, now tell me how often does Wlad do that?

"ohh Wlad so strong I can't break his clinches"....move down to cruiser than.... pathetic....

Ya'll salty, why ya'll so salty for?

Haters gon hate doe....
              This is written like a 14-year-old child.

Comment

he got ko'd three times so we know what would happen. some of it has been opponent selection as well. he doesn't fight aggressive fighters often. he even ducked chisora.
                Last edited by daggum; 04-27-2015, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  Why are you acting like those fighters weren't criticized for clinching? Leonard was criticized simply for boxing. So was Ali. Ward and Hopkins are vilified on NSB by the same people who defend Wlad's clinching to the death. None of those fighters were/are as reliant on clinching as Wlad is, anyway. Mayweather did it freaking once against Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    he got ko'd three times so we know what would happen. some of it has been opponent selection as well. he doesn't fight aggressive fighters often. he even ducked chisora.
                    I didn't think much of him not fighting The Chisel, but I did read an interesting quote from a journalist (Steve Bunce, in Boxing Monthly) who swore that Manny Steward told him he was glad that The Chisel fight never happened, as Dereck put Wlad in a bad place mentally.

Comment

Over 63% estimating he'd be KO'd again? Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X