No announcement yet.

Tyson named in the hgh fiasco

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Yeah peyton was never an athletic qb, he was the prototypical high iq pocket passer, only problem is he never had a rocket arm to throw those speeding fastball missles like john elway or warren moon.

His arm was much better before his injury, but during his injury run he played witha noodle arm for years.

Hgh was used to heal if anything
    HGH is used to get bigger and stronger. steroids help with healing maybe more healing is a side effect of both. also and pitchers use steroid cream on their arms

Comment

Tyson hasn't fought in over 10 years so if he took HGH, he was probably getting ready for a movie role like Sylvester Stallone, who took HGH before the Rocky Balboa and Rambo sequels.

http://www.today.com/id/22728530/ns/...one-discusses-

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
        HGH is used to get bigger and stronger. steroids help with healing maybe more healing is a side effect of both. also and pitchers use steroid cream on their arms
        HGH has no other purpose other than healing and bone growth, its called an anti aging, they did studies giving people HGH and others Steroids, the people with HGH didn't show any significant performance boost despite putting a bit of lean muscle mass and healing wounds faster.

The steroid group was significantly faster, stronger, and muscular than the hgh group.

HGH is not even a good PED, ask any ped pusher like Conte, Memo, they will tell you its mainly used to heal and recover. It will not make you puncher harder or be faster like steroids and other peds.

Comment

Originally posted by nveleven View Post
          Watching Nolan Ryan pitch against Roger Clemens becomes way less compelling when you learn that one has an unfair advantage.
          Why is it way less compelling? As a boxing fan you are likely to watch 20 something year old prospects or up & coming contenders who've been fighting since they were 5-12yrs old vs guys who are part time boxers & maybe have been going into a gym for the last couple years after work or had a dozen or two amateur fights at best. Should fights like those be happening? Isn't there some sort of un-level playing field there too? Is that still compelling?

Fair & unfair advantages is one of the premises people casually make that I have a problem with. Whats deems an advantage as fair or unfair? I don't tend to agree with most peoples logic with that question as I think the playing field has all sorts of natural mountains & valleys that aren't avoidable & PED's ultimately have lil impact on that terrain.

I think there are a TON of performance enhancing things we do, things we take, things we are gifted with from our genetics & on & on that make certain athletes more superior. But we've deemed some of these okay & some not along some false morality (imo).

The ACL example is legit a thing I can't believe more people don't say wtf about. How is that a "fair" advantage some athletes who've treated their body poorly or just have weaker bodies than others are doing like its not a problem? Take certain supplements & you are cheating, but take a dead guys ACL & thats fine? LOL. Thats literally insane to me & I think for whatever reason some people accept one much more than the other.

Finally, Cuban is a ruthless CEO. He'll invest in whatever makes money. The fact that he's "looking to invest" in something says nothing about its ethics or viability in athletic competition.
          I think ethics are ever changing & I think a guy like Cuban is a guy whos a forward thinker who realizes some of the **** we believe right now today just might be a bs dated belief people are holding onto for many reasons that don't make sense at the end of the day & he's willing to risk some $ on proving it wrong or right.

Bottom line for me is I think PEDs are something that we've demonized & I believe PED's & PED testing will be a dated & unmanageable means towards an impossible goal like prohibition was for alcohol back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
            Nah, it's cheating and a ***** move, if you aren't that kinda athlete accept it.
            Alright I respect your opinion. But tell me why its okay for a ACL to be replaced by a dead guys ACL & thats fine? Isn't the guy with the blown out ACL "not that kinda athlete" & should just accept that reality?

I think thats an advancement in science just like PED's are that wasn't available to athletes back in the day or was available to a lesser degree. Come to think of it I remember when I used to follow baseball & Tommy John surgery was new/newer & guys were able to come back & seemingly iirc a few guys even had all star seasons after an injury that was ending careers previous to that.

Why are surgical enhancements okay, but certain chemical ones not? They are already building better athletes with science some people are just in denial about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I'll be glad when all this salem witch trials **** is over with with PEDs. What bs world do we live in where there are things out there that allow for athletes to perform better & recovery faster & some fans are all like "nah can't have that...I want my athletes operating at 95% & to be on IR for half the season".

I think people in the future will wonder why we demonized advancements in science that allow for better athletes. And I guess my main problem is some enhancements is okay while other enhancements aren't. Like you can get new f#cking body parts & that **** is cool. Guys are blowing out there ACL's & getting dead guy ACL's & thats cool. You should get one ACL. If you blow it out your career is over or you better tape that mfer up good & learn to do some sort of high level limping. And if you got ****ty eye sight you shouldn't be able to wear glasses or contacts. Thats cheating. You got ****ty eyes deal with it Mr. Magoo. Get lasik surgery & get banned. Thats the **** I have a problem with. There is some false belief there isn't enhancements going on already & that some are okay & others aren't. Either enhancing your body to perform better is cool or it isn't.

Randomly I heard Mark Cuban is investing in a HGH study to see how viable its usage would be in recovery for athletes. I think he's of the opinion it would be better if certain things were allowable or at least HGH is worth looking into as a means to use in pro sports so thats a step in the right direction.

Watch this and post it yourself if you understand sports!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jAdG-iTilWU

I got an I phone and many of the options don't work!!!

Funny stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                HGH is not even a good PED, ask any ped pusher like Conte, Memo, they will tell you its mainly used to heal and recover. It will not make you puncher harder or be faster like steroids and other peds.
                Wait. If you are look an boxing, you have 8 week training camps. If you look at football, you have a season of a couple months with pretty banged up players. If you look at cycling, you have the Giro d'Italia, the Tour de France and the Vuelta Espana as three week tours. Healing quicker and better is huge and increases the chance of winning. I wouldn't call HGH not a good PED. But the risks that come with HGH are huge, I wouldn't take that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
                  al jazeera is a legit news source, any damn radio station in the world if they got tape from bin laden will air it dont be silly as to imply they are in bed with him etc.
                  Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                  do you mean the tapes the CIA made?? yea they should use the US media they are so honest lied us into 2 wars a million dead and 6 trillion spent
                  Al Jazeera, also known as Aljazeera and JSC, is a Doha-based state-funded broadcaster owned by the Al Jazeera Media Network, which is partly funded by the House of Thani, the ruling family of Qatar.

yeah seems credibility its funded by a pro Islamic ruling family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jaz..._and_criticism

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Alright I respect your opinion. But tell me why its okay for a ACL to be replaced by a dead guys ACL & thats fine? Isn't the guy with the blown out ACL "not that kinda athlete" & should just accept that reality?

I think thats an advancement in science just like PED's are that wasn't available to athletes back in the day or was available to a lesser degree. Come to think of it I remember when I used to follow baseball & Tommy John surgery was new/newer & guys were able to come back & seemingly iirc a few guys even had all star seasons after an injury that was ending careers previous to that.

Why are surgical enhancements okay, but certain chemical ones not? They are already building better athletes with science some people are just in denial about it.
                    If you break a bone it comes back harder...that's not science it's nature...are you saying guys shouldn't be able to get organ transplants and compete?

How is it fair on a guy like Donaire who in his prime was as fit and fast and cut up as any athlete if everyone else is using but him? He should cheat because they need it to compete with him? Can't you see how ****ed up that is? Either you are an elite athlete or you are cheater with empty accomplishments....Diuretics I don't see as performance enhancing... but **** that alters your testosterone level shouldn't be allowed IMO

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                      are you saying guys shouldn't be able to get organ transplants and compete?
                      What I am is saying is I'm a guy who feels that some or some level of currently illegal PEDs should be allowable. What that level is or should be (open season on PEDs or an allowable limit like with weed) is a whole other question I don't feel qualified to answer with my knowledge of the hundreds of items on the banned substances list which I have varying amounts of information on. I am also saying I see some fuzzy logic in some things that are deemed okay & accepted & other things that aren't deemed okay & are demonized today. And I definitely think putting dead guys' body parts into a living athlete is some insane **** that is happening right now that few to no one has an issue with it seems.

How is it fair on a guy like Donaire who in his prime was as fit and fast and cut up as any athlete if everyone else is using but him? He should cheat because they need it to compete with him? Can't you see how ****ed up that is?
                      First off I think all sorts of guys are doing things right now today that are in an attempt to give them advantages. I believe Donaire uses that high altitude training mask thing to improve his conditioning more than he'd be able to do wherever he happens to train at natural. Science is already making Donaire a better athlete via a means fighters never had in the old days unless they were born in certain high altitude regions. And Donaire doesn't just put that mask on & watch Project Runway for hours & suddenly his cardio is insane. He gots to put in the work still. That mask just gives him the means of which to attain a high level of fitness. I don't think PEDs are all THAT different a thing than that mask or a million other things athletes do or take advantage of to be a better athlete. You still gotta put in the work & most guys fail right there.

Diuretics I don't see as performance enhancing... but **** that alters your testosterone level shouldn't be allowed IMO
                      See it seems as even you feel the banned substances list is kinda bs like me if you are saying diuretics maybe shouldn't be on the list. And plenty of guys have had their W's changed to NC's in boxing over diuretics. The allergy medicine I take sometimes would get me a suspension. Shane Mosley Jr got suspended for taking his ADHD medication. There is more nutty **** going on with that banned substance list than people wanna admit. And I think there is some nutty **** with some accepted enhancements like I've brought up that no one bats an eye at cuz they seemingly don't know what guys are actually doing with science in sports these days that can make better athletes.

Comment

Working...
                      X