Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankie Edgar doesn't lose fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He starts too slow imo. The first 2 rounds in the Benson and Aldo fights, he gave them away cheaply. He needs to start at least a round earlier and keep the pressure on

Comment

I personally scored it for Frankie. I felt Aldo VERY clearly won the first two, Frankie CLEARLY won the last two and the third round was close but I thought Frankie dictated the pace, threw more, landed more. Aldo landed that one kick which caught Frankie but didn't stop him at all, he landed a leg kick, one punch beside the guard of frankie and 1 counter in that round and he didn't really throw much outside of that either. Frankie threw and landed way more in that round. If it was PRIDE rules then yeah, Aldo won that because it focused more on damage but according to the UFC rules I would have given it to Frankie.

I saw the second Frankie v Bendo fight as a more clearer victory for Frankie though. Its a shame because noobs in the future are going to look at Frankies record in the future and it won't be indicative of his actual ability. In my eyes I see him as a 17-2-1 two weight UFC champion rather than a 15-4-1 ex-155 champ.

Comment

I'm pretty mad that Frankie keeps getting the shorter end of the stick in these decisions. With that said, he has no one but himself to blame. He starts too slow and Idk why cause he got the stamina, movements and boxing/skills to dominate. He needs to tweak his style and be more aggressive without getting too reckless.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          Too bad this wasn't a long-distance track meet. Then Edgar would've been able to beat Aldo for sure.
          That was Rorion Gracie's beef with the modern format. He said in a real fight there are no time limits.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Or Gracie rules...
            Ha, I didn't see this before I posted.

Although I would say they are an absence of rules rather than rules.

Comment

'Gracie' rules, Aldo still beats the **** out of Edgar, imo.

Btw, doesn't 'Gracie' rules also mean no weight limits? So no weight cutting?

Comment

Yeah, I could see that, no weight limit. Although, he probably means weight classes, but an unlimited number of rounds, like Royce vs. Sakuraba 1 in Pride.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Yeah, I could see that, no weight limit. Although, he probably means weight classes, but an unlimited number of rounds, like Royce vs. Sakuraba 1 in Pride.
                  He might have a point. Edgar could just run circles until Aldo got tired, and then nudge him over.

Although, the fight in Pride was without weight limits.

Also, kicks to the ground would change the dynamics.

I think he does mean no rounds though.

Also, Gracie rules are Gracie rules, so no weight limits either.

Comment

I thought it was a close fight, I scored it for Edgar though.

Comment

I think the UFC should implement the 10 minute first round in their fights though, maybe they should first implement it in the three round fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X