Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hindsight, Do u feel Arum had literally No Interest in a PBF Fight from the get go??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
    Quit with the revisionist history. You're looking like an ignoramus by doing so. Pac never agreed to full, random testing in actual FORMAL rounds of negotiation. Floyd's best compromise on the testing as well as the purse came in the form of a 50-50 split and a two week cutoff for the testing. Pac failed to take it while it was on the table. The person making an offer is NOT LEGALLY bound to it if it has been rejected. Floyd and his team were WELL WITHIN THEIR LEGAL RIGHTS to change the necessary conditions for the fight. Pac and his team had the offer in their hands and didn't take advantage of it. Later down the road, they started crying about not being offered the same conciliatory conditions that Floyd put forth. With all the posturing that Pac and his team were doing, Floyd was justified in not budging on his stricter stipulations...
    im not revisioning anything ...fighters , writers , fans, even floyd bestfriened think floyd was running from pacman.. check my sig , 2 atg fighters think floyd was scared , theres a lot more people that think that..

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
      Forget the 'maybe he did at this point or something, perhaps now he does but lookin back at everything, the past prime names, catchweights all the Money involved in a Pacquiao fight could u confidently honestly say without question, he had No Interest from the very beginning despite the times he hyped that much up
      So would you fight Oscar where everyone had Oscar as a very heavy favorite but not fight Floyd?

Win or lose against Floyd, it would not diminish his appeal as he has a style that attracts fans.

A loss is not as bad for Manny as it would be for Floyd. Manny lost to Morales in their first fight. Manny still moved on as his style is appealing to watch. It may affect Floyd more so since his concern has been preserving his precious "0".

Of course, constantly losing would not be a good thing ...... but ...... I think Floyd fans look at it from their perspective and think a single loss means the end of the world BUT in reality, it may actually boost your appeal as fans know that you are willing to take on the risk.

Comment

all i need to know about arum's true intentions about the fight where when Arum turned down negotiations with a mediator after the third fight with marquez with " we are pursuing a 4th fight"

anyone remember this:

The chief of Golden Boy Promotions, Richard Schaefer, has confirmed a super-fight between eight-division world champion, Manny Pacquiao, and five-division world champion, Floyd Mayweather, is not going to happen on May 5 due to Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum, as Schaefer stated Arum wants Pacquiao to fight Juan Manuel Marquez for a fourth fight.

“We have been informed that Bob Arum is not interested in pursuing a fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao at this time,” Schaefer told ESPN.com.

he never wanted the fight to happen.... and he will be remember for that

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          im not revisioning anything ...fighters , writers , fans, even floyd bestfriened think floyd was running from pacman.. check my sig , 2 atg fighters think floyd was scared , theres a lot more people that think that..
          Lol, I just deconstructed your fallacious argument using basic Business Law and the strongest rebuttal you have is saying that you're not guilty of my accusation. Lol, you remind me of a child.

Now you're resorting to an ad populum fallacy. Just because a certain amount of people believe something to be true, doesn't make it NECESSARILY so. Let me guess, you base the validity of ALL things in your life on what these very same people think?! Boy, you're dense...

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
            Lol, I just deconstructed your fallacious argument using basic Business Law and the strongest rebuttal you have is saying that you're not guilty of my accusation. Lol, you remind me of a child.

Now you're resorting to an ad populum fallacy. Just because a certain amount of people believe something to be true, doesn't make it NECESSARILY so. Let me guess, you base the validity of ALL things in your life on what these very same people think?! Boy, you're dense...
            all i said is the truth ..im actually tired talking about who's at fault and all that bs so i just tell the obvious ..bob and floyd never wanted this fight ..im just not blaming floyd here , bob too...and thats exactly who are responsible why this fight was not made

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              all i said is the truth ..im actually tired talking about who's at fault and all that bs so i just tell the obvious ..bob and floyd never wanted this fight ..im just not blaming floyd here , bob too...and thats exactly who are responsible why this fight was not made
              Lol, you would have made more logical sense starting off your tirade with this exact post. However, to say that your tirade was ALL TRUTH reeks of bias and intellectual dishonesty.

Sure, Floyd has blame. Sure, Arum has blame. Why is it right to blame these two and NOT PAC HIMSELF? Can you not see that you're just being biased? Pac is a damn Congressman in the Philippines and you're telling me that he can't make FORMAL business decisions on his own or, at the very least, influence them in his favor??? Please. ENOUGH WITH THE ******* FANATICISM...

Comment

People that blame both sides for the fight not happening need to grow up. If you gave a 12 year old a history starting from when Mayweather came out of retirement, I would bet 9/10 would clearly state Arum never wanted the fight.

Why didn't Bob Arum make the fight during the first negotiations? 50/50 purse and 14 day cut-off window for MP. With a offer like that, Floyd is the problem? Floyd is so much of a problem that you cut off negotiations and fight J. Clottey. Again, that is Floyd's fault? Sorry, I do have a extended education, but this is elementary. The history promotes that Bob Arum and Freddie Roach know the type of fighter FMJ is, and believe that Manny could not beat FMJ. How can anyone see this any other way? Multiple quotes from Freddie Roach stating FMJ would be their toughest fight and how Manny needed to correct things in his game before fighting Floyd. Freddie Roach admitted to Chuck and Reggie on the TNT special that Manny had made the same mistakes against JMM in every fight. Same mistakes! Let's now add the 4th fight to that list.

Seriously, it is illogical to believe that Arum or Roach would put Manny in the ring with Floyd, considering the struggles MP has had with JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                  all i need to know about arum's true intentions about the fight where when Arum turned down negotiations with a mediator after the third fight with marquez with " we are pursuing a 4th fight"

anyone remember this:

The chief of Golden Boy Promotions, Richard Schaefer, has confirmed a super-fight between eight-division world champion, Manny Pacquiao, and five-division world champion, Floyd Mayweather, is not going to happen on May 5 due to Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum, as Schaefer stated Arum wants Pacquiao to fight Juan Manuel Marquez for a fourth fight.

“We have been informed that Bob Arum is not interested in pursuing a fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao at this time,” Schaefer told ESPN.com.

he never wanted the fight to happen.... and he will be remember for that

Yes, that article had no truth to it .... for one, I remember Manny fought Bradley in June NOT Marquez. lol!

What you stated was before there were any discussions and before we heard that Floyd made an offer to Manny where Floyd would get ALL PPV MONEY. Tell us all why these discussions took place AFTER the article was stated what it stated?

Also and more importantly, that article came from Golden Boy NOT Arum. How credible would you consider an article that stated "ARUM states that Floyd doesn't want to fight Manny"? I can find many articles that state that.

Comment

yup.

why would he risk his cashcow, bad investing.

Comment

kr
                      Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      Yes, that article had no truth to it .... for one, I remember Manny fought Bradley in June NOT Marquez. lol!

What you stated was before there were any discussions and before we heard that Floyd made an offer to Manny where Floyd would get ALL PPV MONEY. Tell us all why these discussions took place AFTER the article was stated what it stated?

Also and more importantly, that article came from Golden Boy NOT Arum. How credible would you consider an article that stated "ARUM states that Floyd doesn't want to fight Manny"? I can find many articles that state that.
                      The article was from Dan Rafael you idiot with quotes from Arum

Comment

Working...
                      X