No announcement yet.

What Are Your Political Leanings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
    I'm not advocating anarchy here, my brand of government is limited government.

Where is this country in the world with living standards as high as ours that has limited government?

Comment

Usually I lean to the left but I don't vote for women

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Where is this country in the world with living standards as high as ours that has limited government?
        Our country is that place with limited government with very high living standards. Go to France, Germany, Belgium, etc... And enjoy paying 50% income tax and a hefty 20% sales tax.

However, if people like you get their way then we won't be the greatest country that leads by example. Europe and the rest of the world should be following our model and not the other way around. God Bless America.

Comment

Our country is that place with limited government with very high living standards. Go to France, Germany, Belgium, etc... And enjoy paying 50% income tax and a hefty 20% sales tax.

However, if people like you get their way then we won't be the greatest country that leads by example. Europe and the rest of the world should be following our model and not the other way around. God Bless America.
          America's living standards aren't better than those countries you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
            America's living standards aren't better than those countries you mentioned.
            Nobody in those euro **** holes actually own their own house, they all pay through the nose for rent and pretty much everything else.

The UK and the US are where 90% of people wish they could live.

Comment

So our country is great and your complaining about nothing basically?

Comment

Big business, and big government go hand in hand. Corporations have the money to fund politicians, and keep them in power, and Government has the power to pass legislation that protects the interests of the corporations. I'm not in favour of either. Personally, I would add regulation to the financial industry, and deregulate the real economy to make it simpler for people to start businesses.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  So our country is great and your complaining about nothing basically?
                  You have weak reading comprehension, the argument wasn't about whether this country is great or not, it was about larger or smaller government.

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                  Big business, and big government go hand in hand. Corporations have the money to fund politicians, and keep them in power, and Government has the power to pass legislation that protects the interests of the corporations. I'm not in favour of either. Personally, I would add regulation to the financial industry, and deregulate the real economy to make it simpler for people to start businesses.
                  It's common sense that big corp and big government go hand in hand, however, a lot of people on this board lack the luxury of common sense.
                  Last edited by Enayze; 08-07-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                    Big business, and big government go hand in hand. Corporations have the money to fund politicians, and keep them in power, and Government has the power to pass legislation that protects the interests of the corporations.
                    And getting rid of/reducing the power of government won't change their capacity to fund politicians/other individuals to consolidate their power and influence.

I'm not in favour of either. Personally, I would add regulation to the financial industry, and deregulate the real economy to make it simpler for people to start businesses.
                    The barriers to entry for startups have never been lower.

It's common sense that big corp and big government go hand in hand, however, a lot of people on this board lack the luxury of common sense.
                    But how does reducing the power of government offer any solution to exorbitant power held by the few?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                      And getting rid of/reducing the power of government won't change their capacity to fund politicians/other individuals to consolidate their power and influence.
                      I'm not saying one or the other is bad. I'm saying you can't have one without the other. So, if you want smaller government you have to break up the corporations, or at the very least end corporate welfare, which isn't going to happen in the current paradigm. You're also not going to reduce the influence of big business in politics unless you reduce the size of he government, or at the very least reform campaign/political finance.

Comment

Working...
                      X