Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owen what the heck was that.

Dont know why he still fighting, Oleg looked meh

Comment

after reading about it,im dying to see this maskaev/beck fight.sounds hillarious

Comment

Whats going on in Russia? Honestly it's like WWE over there...

Shot ass fighters, old names.....nothing of quality goes down...Only ****ty fights that fans are for some odd reason willing to pay for...Talk about money over any sort of substance.

I always saw good potential in Russia staging proper fights but it has become a joke.

In the UK only British fighters mater, Russia is not even relevant with this circus, and Germany....Well I guess its USA then Germany.

Comment

At this point I could knock out Owen Beck. Anyone who chooses him as an opponent, regardless of circumstance, is a joke.

Comment

used his ankles???????!!!!!!

Comment

Beck looked pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                Beck is one terrible joke of a "boxer"...was obvious that he throw the fight...3 kd's and I cant see any of them being legit
                thanks for an objective sumation!

Comment

Fight of the year!

Comment

just watched the fight...

maskaev did catch him with a decent right with 2 seconds left in the 3rd round. beck got up wobbly but there was no way he wanted to continue. this did nothing for maskaev but if he chooses to fight on i would suggest he stay fighting in russia & take on other names on the senoir circuit like toney, holyfield, botha, etc because from what i saw of this event was good media coverage, an open workout & a few thousand(not sure exact number)people out to watch the old warhorse. an open workout for maskaev\beck? who would have thought you would hear about that? this was a terrible fight as beck just held on for dear life, maskaev was slow as a turtle & the ref called a slip a KD. beck has lost like 9 in a row & obviously is in it for some last paychecks. i remember he was top 5 in one of the world organizations at one point & he fought ray austin & monte barrett which started his downfall. he was a decent fighter until he lost that fight to barrett. after the fight he looked so discouraged i thought that would be the end of him. it pretty much was as he sustained an eye injury & was not able to get a license for a few years & when he did he became a punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
                      Whats going on in Russia? Honestly it's like WWE over there...

Shot ass fighters, old names.....nothing of quality goes down...Only ****ty fights that fans are for some odd reason willing to pay for...Talk about money over any sort of substance.

I always saw good potential in Russia staging proper fights but it has become a joke.

In the UK only British fighters mater, Russia is not even relevant with this circus, and Germany....Well I guess its USA then Germany.
                      i'm 38 & i believe the berlin wall came down in 1989 if i have not mistaken. so many older russian boxing fans from the the old soviet regime never got to see fighters like toney, tyson, ali, frazier, etc. for many years if an american fighter came to germany, russia or any countries from the soviet era it did not matter who he was but if he had a NAME on his resume you could bet during his introduction it was announced. example watch klitschko\big foot martin. they listed off every name fighter he had been in the ring with & he had a losing record. russian boxing fans will always come out to the shows & they are producing good fighters over there so they have some names to follow. to the die hard fans lebedev ve toney & jones jr were way past it's expiry date but as i said before the russians got to see toney & RJJ so they came to the event. maskaev looks like he had a good following in russia so the people turned out to watch the circus.
                      Last edited by joe strong; 12-31-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X