No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander: At 147, I'm Trouble For Everyone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander: At 147, I'm Trouble For Everyone

Groomed by Don King as his sport's next big thing, Devon Alexander was growing used to life as a top-of-the-bill fighter, with those pay-per-view millions surely just a matter of time for the young St Louis star.

An outstanding amateur, Alexander - inevitably dubbed 'The Great' - blazed through his first 21 professional contests, winning his first world title when he took the vacant WBC light-welterweight crown against Junior Witter in 2009.

A slick and apparently hard-punching fighter, for a time it seemed Alexander could do no wrong.

He added the IBF belt against Juan Urango, and after defending his titles against tough Andrei Kotelnik, the time had come for his biggest test.

A bout against fellow unbeaten 140lbs champion Timothy Bradley was one Alexander had always craved, with its promise of a breakthrough into that permanent pay-per-view market for the winner.

It didn't turn out as Alexander had hoped. In a sparsely populated, cavernous Pontiac Silverdome, Alexander and Bradley fought a dull fight which was settled via technical decision in favour of Bradley when Alexander sustained a cut eye from an accidental headbutt.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think he deserves a bit more credit for the maidana fight, winning every round is hardly 'squeezing' by

Comment

STFU Mr. It BURNNNNNSSSSSSS

Comment

Devon can dream, can't he?

Comment

I agree, who the hell would have an easy time listening to those grunts for an entire fight? I can barely handle it and I'm not in the ring with him.

Comment

Devon is a very good fighter, but he has to be in control from the 1st round on. He's not good at adapting and thats why he struggles with the tougher opponents. I don't see him having too many problems with the faded Bailey. He just needs to stay focused because Bailey can always land that bomb out of nowhere.

Comment

This guy is like a mid weights Audley Harrison.

Comment

His trainer is annoying. He has the accent where he pronounces words like "air" and "there" as "urr" and "thurr".

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  His trainer is annoying. He has the accent where he pronounces words like "air" and "there" as "urr" and "thurr".
                  And he's obsessed with having people relax. Why does he want everyone to be so calm?

Comment

Hoo Haa Hoo Haa Hoo Haa taste my breath when you feel my pitty pat!

Comment

Working...
                    X