Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis vs Roy Jones: who ranks higher on the ATG list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
    He'd be around their level.
    I would have McCallum above Hopkins and Toney, more accomplished fighter imo

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      You ask for facts on common knowledge things? Did you just ask who Tyson destroyed? Who didn't he destroy? That list is much shorter. WTF man? Have you ever watched anybody but Lennox Lewis fight? I'm beginning to think the only Tyson fight you've ever seen was against Lennox Lewis in 2002.

You are the most delusional person I've ever seen on this forum, and that's bad because the Pinoys on NSB are among the worst, but you take the cake. At least their fighter is great.
      I think he means what quality opponent did Tyson destroy that wasn't either aging, bloated and inactive (Holmes) or a blown up LHW (Spinks?)

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
        Did destory:
        Thomas: past prime/drugs
        Larry Holmes: past prime/out of shape
        Berbick: Never any good to begin with
        Bruno: lol
        And you are trashing Lewis's resume?
        Didnt destroy:
        Buster 'KFC' Douglas, Tucker, Bone Crusher,Green and Tillman

Dude dont you think its strange that i know more about Jones career than a so called fan, which you claim to be.

You make no case, petty insults, call for help from sonnybox and im the deluded one, lol
        You pleading for a case is your last resort in getting the last word in. It's what you say when you have nothing of value to say to combat what I just said to you. I say Holyfield was sliding in 99, and you say to plead my case? I thought that was common knowledge?

You're a wannabe attorney who just tries to tell people to plead their case for every remark they make, and that's now how forums work - this is not the supreme court, and you are not a defending attorney like you pretend to be. Am I going to have to plead my case for that last remark? Just read every post you've made on this thread - the jury will agree you're annoying and are asking for things that just aren't there.

All the guys you listed above that Tyson fought, while they were good fighters, some were past prime, but here's the difference: Tyson decimated that kind of opposition. He made Larry Holmes look like a bum - a Larry Holmes that would have beat Lennox in a UD. See that's the difference. Lennox fought past prime guys, or guys who aren't very good and never did anything spectacular with them, despite their lack of skills. When I can't sleep at night do you know what I do? I watch a Lennox Lewis highlight video, and it puts me right to sleep.

Those are just the facts, whether there is an article written by somebody out there to back it up is irrelevant, it's just what everybody in the boxing world knows, aside from you and other Lewis huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
          I think he means what quality opponent did Tyson destroy that wasn't either aging, bloated and inactive (Holmes) or a blown up LHW (Spinks?)
          He fought everybody in the HW division that was worth fighting - there isn't much more you can ask.

Are there fighters that you feel Tyson ducked from 85-92? If so, which ones?

Comment

He fought everybody in the HW division that was worth fighting - there isn't much more you can ask.

Are there fighters that you feel Tyson ducked from 85-92? If so, which ones?
            You mean besides Holyfield and Foreman?

Comment

You mean besides Holyfield and Foreman?
              The foreman rumor that is a proven myth? Holyfield that was ready to go before Mike went to Prison? That's the best you can come up with? Holy wasn't really an established hw before that time anyway. Mike had no reason to dodge either of those fighters.

Again, who did he duck? Legit answers only please, no myths.

Comment

The foreman rumor that is a proven myth? Holyfield that was ready to go before Mike went to Prison? That's the best you can come up with? Holy wasn't really an established hw before that time anyway. Mike had no reason to dodge either of those fighters.

Again, who did he duck? Legit answers only please, no myths.
                Holyfield was the Undisputed CW champ and had already fought guys like Dokes and Thomas at HW. Fighting Buster fricken Douglas instead of Holyfield was pathetic.

Explain this Foreman myth for me, I need some entertainment.

Comment

Holyfield was the Undisputed CW champ and had already fought guys like Dokes and Thomas at HW. Fighting Buster fricken Douglas instead of Holyfield was pathetic.

Of course you need entertainment, it's not like you can get it from watching your hero's Klitschko and Lewis.

The Foreman rumor was started by Don King supposedly trying to put together a Foreman/Tyson fight. Apparently as the story goes, Tyson made a remark to King saying "You want him so bad, you fight him."

The fact is Holyfield wasn't going anywhere in 90, and the fight was going to happen in 92, but Mike went to prison.

Comment

Douglas was supposed to be a tune-up fight, for him. He was scheduled to fight Holyfield, later on in the same year.

Comment

Of course you need entertainment, it's not like you can get it from watching your hero's Klitschko and Lewis.

The Foreman rumor was started by Don King supposedly trying to put together a Foreman/Tyson fight. Apparently as the story goes, Tyson made a remark to King saying "You want him so bad, you fight him."

The fact is Holyfield wasn't going anywhere in 90, and the fight was going to happen in 92, but Mike went to prison.
                      That's the Foreman myth? I'm disappointed. Cause here I thought he was 20-0 with 19 knockouts in his comeback, at the time Tyson fought that nobody Buster Douglas.

Holyfield moved to HW in 88 and had a pretty decent HW resume by 90.

Haven't you been crying for the Klits to fight Haye since before Valuev, when he'd faced absolutely no one?

Comment

Working...
                      X