Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones Jr. & Floyd Mayweather were the same natural weight who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
    Actual fight breakdown:

Floyd struggles a bit more with unorthodox fighters. He got caught with a overhand right counter from no where against Corely. He had to take 3-4 rounds to adjust to Judah. There is a video up where he says Augustus was the hardest fight of his career.

Well Jones just happens to be one of the fastest, most awkward fighters to have ever boxed.
    Man I watched the Burton fight again (Augustus last name at the time of the fight), no matter how many times Floyd hit him, he kept coming, Floyd showed a lot that fight, showed he could deal with unrelentless pressure. Great fight, did you ever noticed Burton breaks Floyds nose
    Last edited by J Dubb II 330; 05-14-2011, 02:12 AM.

Comment

if they where the same size Roy Jones Jr would win he is built exactly how youd have to be to beat Floyd. Quick, strong, fast, elusive and 1 punch power and aggressive...

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfasthands View Post
        Roy Jones was just pure athletic ability, he was actually a poor boxer in the technical sense.

It would probably be similar to Judah vs Mayweather. Jones would come out strong and then start getting picked apart in the later rounds.
        u are a f-uckin dope.rjj was a good boxer.it wud be sum fight tho.id say rjj split decision

Comment

Lol at posters picking Roy by KO, your not knocking Floyd out

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
            Man I watched the Burton fight again (Augustus last name at the time of the fight), no more how many times Floyd hit him, he kept coming, Floyd showed a lot that fight, showed he could deal with unrelentless pressure. Great fight, did you ever noticed Burton breaks Floyds nose
            Haven't seen that fight in a while, I don't remember the details. Only it was quite entertaining. Nice that fighters were coming to fight instead of run around

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
            you still don't want to fight with your arms down, the best example I can give with a fighter that was at Mayweathers weight class who shared roys style, Arms down, head and torso movements, lead lefts, is Prince Nas, Imagine how bad May would pick him apart(I'm not in any way saying prince is or was as good as Roy just the best style comparison in a similar weight class).
            About this post. Mayweather doesn't fight with his arms down?

I don't see how you can objectively say that Mayweather has more skills than Roy. Or if you want to say that he has more textbook skills - why is it European fighters get bashed for being like robots. They are fighting by the book to the letter.

Also, the Nas comparison is funny because we have a great comparison of someone Roy actually fought. Toney. Toney has the shoulder roll style defensive down. I don't recall Jones having THAT difficult of a time landing.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
              Haven't seen that fight in a while, I don't remember the details. Only it was quite entertaining. Nice that fighters were coming to fight instead of run around

About this post. Mayweather doesn't fight with his arms down?

I don't see how you can objectively say that Mayweather has more skills than Roy. Or if you want to say that he has more textbook skills - why is it European fighters get bashed for being like robots. They are fighting by the book to the letter.

Also, the Nas comparison is funny because we have a great comparison of someone Roy actually fought. Toney. Toney has the shoulder roll style defensive down. I don't recall Jones having THAT difficult of a time landing.
              Roy Does, not all the time, but he seems comfortable like that and especially when.he is the zone, my fault I didn't specify which boxer I was referring to.
              Your right about Toney no doubt, Mayweathers defense and countering ability is superior to Toneys, I'm a big Toney fan though, I will have to re watch that fight too

Comment

RJJ would kill Floyd people, the 160 version of Roy 10 pounds lighter would kill 147 floyd all day long!!!!

Comment

Another thing to ponder. In what was Mayweather's biggest fight of his career (ODLH) he chose to become a pot shotter. Why?

Because pot shotting is THE safest way to win a boxing match. You are all defense and only engage on when you want when you opponent doesn't expect it or can't do anything about it. Roy Jones was the master at this.

Let's face it, this fight isn't going to be a war, it's not going to be a battle, it's going to be a tactical chess match of spacing and feints. I believe that pot shotting is the ultimate tactical style and Jones is the ultimate master of this style. Everything from the where he holds his hands to how he stands in the ring is geared for this. I believe the only way your beating a prime Roy Jones is through extreme pressure or catching him with one bomb of a counter shot. Neither of which I think Mayweather is capable of.
                  Last edited by Konstantin; 05-14-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Fantasy fight, Mayweather wins.

/end thread

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Yes because Floyd does not have hand speed or great reflexes.

You are comparing the Mayweather that beat Jose Luis Castillo(bad decision) and Baldomir and how he looked to the Jones that beat Hopkins and James Toney. There's something called "Level of competition" that is often over looked here, if I had more time I would explain it to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X