No announcement yet.

Religious people! Come in here!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Quick question, have you ever read the Bible. In it, it talks about dinosaurs but obviously it doesn't all them that. I think it was around the mid or late 1800's when that word was given to them. But to answer your other question, according to the Bible God made us. We didn't evolve from any ape or other beast, He mad man in His image. Animals don't have a conscience to pray so God answering their prayers doesn't make sense. If you have any other questions i'd be happy to answer them.

So you don't believe in evolution either?

As said already, the bible was written by humans and not 'god' himself.

Comment

Quick question, have you ever read the Bible. In it, it talks about dinosaurs but obviously it doesn't all them that. I think it was around the mid or late 1800's when that word was given to them. But to answer your other question, according to the Bible God made us. We didn't evolve from any ape or other beast, He mad man in His image. Animals don't have a conscience to pray so God answering their prayers doesn't make sense. If you have any other questions i'd be happy to answer them.
      I have a question. Does the bible mention the masses of evidence in support of evolution? Or does it just say that science is a corporate conspiracy?

Comment

It baffles me that people think so highly of the human race that a divine being created the whole universe just for them, created them himself with his own ideas just so they could have wars on a little blue planet called earth.

Comment

The arrogance and general assholeishness of the anti-Christianity crowd is what keeps many from even examining their own beliefs.

Did you create this thread for actual self-examination, thoughtfulness, and genuine discussion or to just pat yourself on the back?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            It baffles me that people think so highly of the human race that a divine being created the whole universe just for them, created them himself with his own ideas just so they could have wars on a little blue planet called earth.
            I think that your original post is proof enough that there is no god at all.

If there was a creator (intentional or non) then he clearly doesn't watch over us now so why should we believe in him/it?

Comment

So Christians just blindly look past millions of years of carefully preserved fossils you know actual evidence for a magical book wrote by storytelling humans?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                Why do you believe in what is written in the bible?

And then believe we are the only intelligent lifeforms in the universe at the same time? Science indicates that there may be as much as 38,000 INTELLIGENT species in our Galaxy, not bacteria, intelligent lifeforms. Scientists believe there may also be life forms in our own Solar Systems, in oceans on moons orbiting planets or possibly on Pluto. Then think there is an estimated 200 billion galaxies in the universe.

It's very narrow minded to think we are the only creatures in such a big universe, very selective of you to believe in the bible and not science.

I believe in a 'god', I just don't believe in the kind of god these religious people do.

They close their eyes and picture a bearded huge man with open arms.
                I believe in the Bible because I have faith. Without faith in what the word says and who the word says God is then I wouldn't believe at all. The same way just said that scientists believe that there is this and there is that. Science also says that in order for something to exist then it must have a creator. What makes you such a big believer in science? You stated yourself that these scientists don't know, but they believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                  The arrogance and general assholeishness of the Christianity crowd is what keeps many from even examining their own beliefs.

Did you create this thread for actual self-examination, thoughtfulness, and genuine discussion or to just pat yourself on the back?
                  You made a mistake, I fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by dodmoor View Post
                    People fail to realise that the Bible along with other religious books were written by 'HUMANS' not God himself , not his messenger or prophet whatever but people who were considered wise men back then penned fabricated stories from story tellers.

The fact that to this day people still use a 2000 year old book as an umbrella to guide them in life fascinates me to an extent but it also makes me sad and question the gullibility and stupidity of the human race.
                    So the dozens upon dozens of prophies in the Bible that have come true in this world mean what then? The Bible was written by humans and inspired by God. Not just any dude was picking up a pen and pad back then saying "you know what, this is gonna go into the Bible."

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
                      You made a mistake, I fixed it for you.
                      I made no mistake at all. If you are going to create a thread for Christians specifically don't just mock them, gang bang them, and spit on them for your own amusement and play it off to an actual attempt at actual discussion.

It's been done 1 million times in the history of the internet. People trying to actually understand others takes on things is very rare.

Comment

Working...
                      X