Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's a bigger ppv attraction? Miguel or Plaster of Paris?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's a bigger ppv attraction? Miguel or Plaster of Paris?

Lets set the record straight for once. Miguel has been on countless amounts of Pay Per Views, while Margarito hasn't been on very many. The two that he headlined were completely and utter failures. Lets takes a look at his co headlined PPV with Shane Mosley on ESPN PPV. This ended up being the last PPV by ESPN because it did so poorly. Then Margarito had another PPV for his comeback that did a crazy 15,000 buys. Sounds like a PPV star to me!

Cotto on the other hand did 200,000 against Judah, 400,000 against Mosley(the same Mosley that fought Margarito on WCB), 100,000 against Jennings, and outsold Margarito head to head against Pacquaio by another 150,000 buys.

Now he does 250,000 buys and people want to say Margarito sold that PPV? What kind of rock are you on? The reason why that fight did what it did was because for starters it was viewed as a tune up. Another reason was it was on SHO. I'm sorry but no matter how you dice it SHO is not HBO and doesn't reach out to many viewers. Thirdly, HBO was running a fight with one of the most exciting fighters. Had this fight been on HBO is there any doubt it would not of done 400,000 buys, I doubt it.

There has been nothing ever that indicated Margarito ever being a draw and certainly nothing that ever showed that Margarito was a bigger PPV attraction or had a fan base. I don't know where these fools come from.
    Miguel Cotto
    84.62%
    Antonio Margarito
    15.38%

You really shouldn't have wasted your time with all those paragraphs. It's 100% clear to anyone with minimal reasoning skills and perception that Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in Boxing (second now actually) no matter how you shake it. Anyone who says otherwise will have a pretty hard ****ing time trying to convince anyone with sense, but haters will hate. Nothing you can do about that except laugh it off.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      You really shouldn't have wasted your time with all those paragraphs. It's 100% clear to anyone with minimal reasoning skills and perception that Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in Boxing (second now actually) no matter how you shake it. Anyone who says otherwise will have a pretty hard ****ing time trying to convince anyone with sense, but haters will hate. Nothing you can do about that except laugh it off.
      It needs to be done because there are a few people that feel differently. These people need to see the results and the landslide that will occur.

Comment

which fight generated more ppv.. cotto vs pac or margarito vs pac.. i think it's about even

Comment

Cotto.

But whats your point?

Comment

Originally posted by U.ncleSam View Post
            which fight generated more ppv.. cotto vs pac or margarito vs pac.. i think it's about even
            Cotto V Pac is still Pacquaios biggest PPV(same amount as ODLH).

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
              It needs to be done because there are a few people that feel differently. These people need to see the results and the landslide that will occur.
              cotto is pitching a shutout right now 10-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Cotto.

But whats your point?
                A few people on this site feel that Margarito is the bigger name and his fans drove the sales of the Margarito/Cotto fight. Now it is time to bring them back to reality.

Comment

Some people are just idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    A few people on this site feel that Margarito is the bigger name and his fans drove the sales of the Margarito/Cotto fight. Now it is time to bring them back to reality.
                    Margarito can shift tickets pretty good, hes definitely an attraction.

Comment

Working...
                    X