Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pac Decline

I dont think Manny was Ko artist like Foreman or tyson

or tito

I always felt his knock downs he scored were because of his speed his angles and awkwardness

Hatton was knocked out cold because he came in hands down chin not tucked walking in by punch he did not see coming

Cotto i also was beat by mannys speed a accumulation of punches

the knockds manny scored was because cotto was caught off balance with punches he did not see

another thing they way manny fights of course he was going to burn out faster than floyd

Joe frazier was nowhere near the level he was at 35

Henry armstrong

hagler was good at 33 but he was not the same fighter

And other greats and so on and so on

It is not a shock that manny is not as good as he once was

I watched both fights of his last week of him vs morales 2 and 3

Manny does have higher boxing IQ now and is more more refined in some of his
    technique

But Manny was so much faster back then and had better reflexes

But he was in his 20s

People thought that would last forever?

Fighters dont stay in there prime forever this is real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHb8rk-O8t4

the speed was not going to last forver

Comment

So what's ur point

Comment

Interesting, because Jon Jones (I know MMA) . . said in an interview when asked about illegal substance use in sport, something the lines of, when an older guy fight a younger guy, even though he has lost some of the physical abilities he used to have he makes up for in experience, and the key is to fight smarter than you once were. . .

I think We'll see Pac really use some great ring IQ in his next few fights

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
          Interesting, because Jon Jones (I know MMA) . . said in an interview when asked about illegal substance use in sport, something the lines of, when an older guy fight a younger guy, even though he has lost some of the physical abilities he used to have he makes up for in experience, and the key is to fight smarter than you once were. . .

I think We'll see Pac really use some great ring IQ in his next few fights
          He's turning into more of a cautious boxer now and he's doing some things he didn't do before. Setting up his punches, he's always used feints often, and Manny actually does have a pretty good defense. He picks off a lot of shots on his gloves.

There was a really good analysis video somewhere on here.

Comment

Pacquiao's decline can be summed up as: He doesn't have the same energy or speed that he used to have. Because of the lack of energy, he doesn't bounce around much, move his head much, throw as many combinations, or throw as many punches. Lack of speed means he's just slower. But he's also a much smarter boxer than he used to be. He's fully capable of outboxing almost any welterweight in the world.

Comment

Pacquiao was a big puncher at the lower weights. He still hit hard as he moved up, obviously, but he hasn't been a one punch guy for a while. For all the "how's this midget gonna move up and knock everyone out" bull****, he hasn't stopped many fighters at 147. Even those he did stop, other than Hatton, it was accumulation and all but Diaz and Hatton ended the fights upright.

Comment

He's getting to his mid 30s ofcourse his speed isn't going to be what it once was.

Pac was never a devastating puncher, ever!. Pac hit hard but that was due to his speed and speed generates power, so don't be fooled by his KO's of Hatton etc.

Boxers never lose their power, in terms of punching power if Pac went down to 140 he'd hurt those boys as he is probably a natural LWW at this stage of his career.

It's just an accumulation of age, wear and tear, and boxing experience makes the fighter seem slower less engaging but realistically they're just fighting smarter than before.

Comment

Good post..........

Good post and I posted that video you are referring to.

Comment

If Manny took Testosterone Replacement Therapy like Floyd do you think he would still have his power and speed ?

Comment

Working...
                    X