No announcement yet.

Mike Alvarado shows signs of Brain Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -=Shade=- View Post
    Yes, but I'm actually pretty worried about how much more pounding Provodnikov can take. He's glorious in his willingness to not just trade but to punch with his opponents, but he takes a heck of a lot of leather to his head as well.
    The thing is the damage might not kick in for years. For all we know Provodnikov is fcuked already, but until the symptoms reveal themselves he's going to go on taking damage. After all, he's at the height of his earning power, just like Alvarado.

Comment

He seems fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Mike is thrown to the wolves, again.

Poor guy. He fights Rios twice, then Ruslan now JMM.
        Marquez is actually a very winnable fight because of Alvarado's size, style and height/reach. Despite people accusing JMM of ducking Provodnikov, and Prov beating Alvarado, I actually feel that Prov is stylistically easier for JMM than Mike.

If anything, Marquez is the one fighting competition that is probably too tough for him at this age and his size. I predicted Bradley would be a very tough fight and beat JMM because of his style, but JMM did better than I anticipated, scored it a draw. Maybe he does better than I think he's gonna do against Mike, but it will be tough because of different factors, including age.

Comment

he seems high .

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            he seems high .

you should have seen the weed that they sell in those stores in colorado. i was high from smelling the stuff in jars

Comment

Mike has never really spoke that fluently

Comment

Mike and his trainer both sound a like so who knows maybe its a Colorado accent?

Comment

Seems like Ortiz's interview… possibly p*ssed or just high

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    The thing is the damage might not kick in for years. For all we know Provodnikov is fcuked already, but until the symptoms reveal themselves he's going to go on taking damage. After all, he's at the height of his earning power, just like Alvarado.
                    You never know. Look at how much punishment guys like big George, JCC, Chuvalo and LaMotta took and they never showed signs of brain damage. At the other end u have a guy like Whitaker who barely took anyclean punches to the head and he is clearly punch drunk today. I guess its more genetic than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
                      He may not be a public speaker but I don't see signs of any damage.
                      Yea I don't know what the TS is talking about...

He's not fukin Shakespeare.

Comment

Working...
                      X