Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. Wants Juan Manuel Lopez Next, at 128

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russell's hand are as soft as his voice

Comment

Russell jr is a case where people are confusing handspeed with elite talent.

his hand problems aren't something new and if they continue to bother him, he'll be like a Paulie Malignaggi but without the movement. Russell jr just stays at mid range, jabs and counters. could he stand in front of Lopez and take a hit? I don't know. on the higher levels guy know how to time punches.

another red flag with Russell jr is his level of opposition. he's never fought even a B-level guy and he did pull out of a fight against Luis Franco, who's not great but it'd be the toughest guy he's ever fought. and he's never fought a guy who can hit.

too many question marks. honestly I think he proabably gets beat by the top 10 at 126.

he's a prospect with talent but until Al Haymon takes off the diapers.

I don't believe he'll fight Juanma, Golden Boy/Haymon fighters always call out Top Rank guys knowing damn well they'll never fight. it's just a way for Russell jr to say he's wanting to fight top guys but not actually have to fight them.

Comment

That would definitely be a step up.

Comment

Who has this guy beaten nobody why is he calling out Lopez when he knows the fight won't happen due to promotional beefs and Russell brings no money to the table

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
            Well, I wouldn't say he lacks pop. With 2 healthy hands (especially his left) he got some pop. He can hit with both but his power hand is obviously his left. You gotta love the way he mixes it up to the body and head too, the guy has everything you want in a fighter minus the fragile hands.

I've been watch Russell Jr for a while, one of my favorite guys out there. And I always thought he had a bright future but at 5'4" and fragile hands his future doesn't look too bright. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            I agree with your post. In his post fight interview, I believe he talked about moving up in weight, though. I just don't think that's the best idea for him ATM considering his hand issues and his physically small stature.

Comment

Russell jr, has so much potential but has to find a way to strengthen his hands. His speed is unmatched and if his hands could hold; he could be a top P4P star.

Comment

He beats Juanma, don't think the kid will be the same he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Well, I wouldn't say he lacks pop. With 2 healthy hands (especially his left) he got some pop. He can hit with both but his power hand is obviously his left. You gotta love the way he mixes it up to the body and head too, the guy has everything you want in a fighter minus the fragile hands.

I've been watch Russell Jr for a while, one of my favorite guys out there. And I always thought he had a bright future but at 5'4" and fragile hands his future doesn't look too bright. I hope I'm wrong tho.

I agree with your post. In his post fight interview, I believe he talked about moving up in weight, though. I just don't think that's the best idea for him ATM considering his hand issues and his physically small stature.
                  I think he's gonna have to adjust. I think he's gonna have to stop throwing so hard and work himself to UDs. If the KO comes then so be it. He's gonna have to learn better defense tho.

Comment

He'll break his hands on juanmas hard asss coconut head. He needs to fight in winnings. I got juanma beating him anyway

Comment

How in the hell could Russell mention Ponce and not Mares? And how in the hell could he talk about fighting an Arum fighter and not mention THE CHAMPION in his division Mikey Garcia. Sounds like a talented pup trying to feast on used up warhorses.

Comment

Working...
                      X