Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: ONLY WAY GUILLERMO RIGONDEAUX BECOMES A STAR IS IF FIDEL CASTRO CO-PROMOTES

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Gamboa has everything boxing fans want. Power, speed, amazing reflexes etc. There is no reason why he shouldn't be bigger than he is. Im not buying the no English excuse. Some of the biggest stars in the ufc speak no English for example.
    Yea TS doesnt sound like the most brilliant person around right now. Claims 1 cant be a superstar cause of the language barrier and now says DEFECTORS are loyal to Castro... SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      How many people in the US are from Kazakhstan? There is a huge buzz around Golovkin right now. Sure he's a KO artist and that's a major part of it but guys like Gamboa could be the same. I'm just saying bob arum thinks only about race and nationality but the reality is Americans will embrace anyone if marketed correctly.

I admit though Rigondeaux doesn't have the style to become a huge star, just saying.
      The guy is totally not PR conscious, he doesn't give a ****. The thing is, couple of dozen people will have heard of this, and even fewer will care, since he's not really wrong. As long as he's having him fight frequently, against solid or excellent opp like Poon and Donaire (!), nothing to complain about.

Comment

is it a secret that one of the things that hold cubans back is that the cuban market is not open? what a shock

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Yea TS doesnt sound like the most brilliant person around right now. Claims 1 cant be a superstar cause of the language barrier and now says DEFECTORS are loyal to Castro... SMH.
          Dude, boxing is not UFC, they don't have a marketing machine, plus those foreign fighters who don't speak English don't really do 1 million ppv buys like Pacquiao or Mayweather do.

Some of the UFC numbers are inflated, Anderson Silva is big in Brazil.

If Gamboa spoke English and had a personable personality he would be huge, why do you always get so sensitive? I like Gamboa, he is exciting to watch I like guys who careless about defense and care more about knocking a dude out even if they get knocked out trying. But he needs to add some new elements, and needs to be approachable, he can't use that Miguel Cotto style bland personality he doesn't have the fan base to get away with it and draw 200-500 k ppv buys the way Cotto does.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hoff View Post
            timothy Bradley sells more tickets than Rigo, Lara, and Cantboa combined. Their only fans are the 5 cubans from BS. True Story.

P. S. Long live Castro.
            I lol'ed......

Comment

dan cov is the biggest fan of rigo in boxingscene yet he will stream the donaire vs rigo fight.

Comment

Guys like Rigondeaux and Gamboa should be fighting on the same cards and in Florida,not f^cking Vegas.You can make exceptions for when you're trying to introduce them to a wider audience via the undercard for a "big card" and that's it.These guys should have been directly marketed towards their own people from the very start.

Then again,would the Cuban exiles really consider Gamboa and Rigondeaux as one of them? These exiles are known to be usually white,extremely right-wing and prone to sympathizing with terrorists that try to hurt the country they claim to love.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post

Then again,would the Cuban exiles really consider Gamboa and Rigondeaux as one of them? These exiles are known to be usually white,extremely right-wing and prone to sympathizing with terrorists that try to hurt the country they claim to love.
                  lol there is some truth to that!

From what I gather a lot of the cubans in florida don't really give a ***** about cuban boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    The video isn't working for me.

There are just about 1.5 million Cubans in the U.S. There are 11 million on the island, with no money and no way of easily leaving. The only way a Cuban fighter will become a star is if he's incredibly exciting, something Rigo is not. Right now, Gamboa is our best bet as an attraction. It is what it is.
                    Very honest post, props for that. This site is such a ****hole of nationalistic ignorance that it's refreshing to see people who aren't afraid to be honest.

As far as Arum goes, is anyone truly surprised? Take a guy who is dishonest and add old age, it's a bad concoction all-around.

Comment

Do Americans still have a negative view of Cubans the way they do of Russians during the cold war? Like thinking they are commies?

Comment

Working...
                      X