Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao > Muhammed Ali - Really Bob Arum? Really?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Arum is a tosser, Floyd beats Marquez and he becomes the man everyone is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Fiend View Post
      The short version.

-Mayweather has to beat Pacquiaos to make any claims of greatness.
      -Arum says Pacquiao is better than Ali.
      -Freddie Roach says another fight with Marquez would be another 3 round KO.
      -Boxing needs Pacquiao VS Mayweather but Pacquiao doesn't need Mayweather.
      "There are a number of aspects that make a great fighter," said Mayweather's promoter, Bob Arum, who promoted many of Ali's fights.

"One is speed. His speed is phenomenal. The way he throws punches, phenomenal. The way he is conditioned, phenomenal. He is the entire package.

"And besides all of those skills, other than Ali he is the most intelligent fighter that I have ever seen. This is no (lie). Floyd can see a punch coming before the other guy knows he is going to throw it. Do you understand that? (Sugar Ray) Leonard was a great fighter, (Marvin) Hagler was great, (Roberto) Duran was great, Oscar (De La Hoya) had a couple of years where he was good. But none of them were as good as Floyd."

Fiend,

Be careful when quoting Arum.

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/pacquiaoali

Comment

I know he didn't say Pacquiao is better than Ali.

But he's about an ass hair away from doing so. LOL.

Comment

Arum and I share an alma mater. So I would like to be loyal.

But the reality is that Arum can't be trusted. A couple of years ago, Floyd was the best fighter he had ever seen. Now it's Pac.

Think it's coincidental that each guy happened to be Bob's cash cow at the time?

Comment

Theres only one way to decide this..

Who has Ali Knocked out?

Who Manny Knocked out?

[Ummm pacfans..if youre gonna respond..please ATLEAST name GOOD PRIME OPPONENTS please..i think thats fair.]

Comment

It shows how good Arum is at attaining the best fighters for one.

But Pacquiao right now is better than Floyd.

It can't really be argued after what we saw last night.

For this moment in time, Pacquiao is king.

Who knows what things will look like a year from now.

Comment

I know he didn't say Pacquiao is better than Ali.

But he's about an ass hair away from doing so. LOL.
                  "You're going to be the best fighter who ever lived!!!" Arum to Pacquiao just as Larry Merchant ws set to start the post fight interview.

Comment

People can argue floyd being a more skilled fighter than pacman, defensively. Offensively Pacman has the entire aresonal. Resume wise it is a no brainer. If they both hung up the gloves now Pac is higher ATG than floyd. Add to this the global appeal of pacman, and influence in the phillipines & his humble geniune personality + willingness to fight anyone. The torch is being carried by Manny. No ifs ands or butts about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X