Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward just took a dump on Calzaghe's best win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Calzaghe must be given his props..period.. he was suppose to get murdered by Lacy.. b*tch slapped "I'll never lose to a white boy" Hopkins.. and whipped Roy Jones Jr. He was an underdog in these fights and WON!!! Give credit people and stop hating.

Comment

All I'm saying is Calzaghe's best win was Kessler because Kessler was undefeated and Joe looked great that night. But Ward just looked even better than Calzaghe did against Kessler and the kid is still a green fighter in every way possible. This was his first real test, and he dominated a guy that Calzaghe had to work to figure out.

Comment

Not really. Joe C would look bad had he lost to Kessler. But he beat him. Not to say Ward's win ain't a gr8 one. It just looks better cuz as he said, he was seen as a dark horse who got a bad draw in the tourney. Both guys smacked Kessler up.

Comment

Joe's legacy just went down the plug hole

Comment

What about the "man" at 168, Jeff Lacy?

Comment

The minute Ward won, I knew there would be some mass orgasm amongst the Calzaghe haters, which all detracts from Ward's excellent effort.

Ward suprised me, in a good way, but why that suddenly turns Calzaghe legacy to dust is beyond me, that sort of opinion pretty much sums up their lack of boxing knowledge and disrespects decent fighters such as Woodhall, Brewer etc.

Carl Froch and Jeff Lacy both beat Robin Reid more convincingly than Calzaghe, but Reid was shot by the time he got to Lacy and even more so when Froch beat him. Lacy got owned by Calzaghe and Froch would have got the same treatment. Calzaghe, with what many on this board call his gentle slaps, nearly stopped Kessler with body shots and it was only the referee calling him up for an illegal back of the head punch that allowed Kessler to recover.

Ward is an elite level fighter, Kessler has now lost to two elite level fighters being unable to adjust during the fight.

Calzaghe sort of suceeded despite himself, he did very little research on his opposite numbers, trusting in his own abilities; a clear result of this was his loss of the opening rounds vs Kessler. Ward on the other hand has a wonderful team around him, had the blueprint for defeating Kessler and carried out the plan to perfection.

I have no issue with Ward winning, I welcome a great fighter and give credit where credit is due. The biggest dissapointment for me was seeing that Kessler had learned nothing from his mistakes. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Dirrell win learn his lesson that you have to tear a title away from someone before you start boxing in the style of an incumbent. He has bags of skill, he just needs someone to remind him that he isn't the champion yet - if he can be more positive in the next bout, he shouldn't have any issue with the judges.

Comment

I guess Kevin McBride "took a dump" on Buster Douglas' and Evander Holyfield's win over Tyson too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                  Calzaghe's best win of his career was beating Kessler in a competitive but clear victory. Ward just made Kessler look like an amateur.
                  agree with you, and with the men who says that calzaghe is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                    Calzaghe's best win of his career was beating Kessler in a competitive but clear victory. Ward just made Kessler look like an amateur.
                    Mayweather:

De La Hoya W SD
                    Hatton WTKO 10

Ping Ping:

De La Hoya W RTD9
                    Hatton KO 2

Comment

Fucko, you're a muppet.

Comment

Working...
                      X