Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Maidana got any chance in beating Floyd on Sept 13?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, a lot of people think he won the last fight.

Comment

Of course he has a chance to win. That's why he got the rematch. Anything Floyd did in the ring was to try to win the fight the best way he could and not to entertain the fans. Maidana comes at his opponents very hard and doesn't let them fight the way they might want to fight. Mayweather will fight the best way he can to get the win again in the rematch and he will be be heavily favored to win but Maidana could fight even better in the rematch and get the win.

Comment

The very fact that Floyd is giving him a rematch is all you need to know. Maidana had some good early rounds with his activity. I had him up 4-1 after 5 rounds. But once Floyd figured out his timing and when he was rushing in the fight was easy for him. He will just do that right out of the gate and blank Chino 12-0 or 11-1 this time.

Comment

I think he has a slim chance. Maidana brings size and power to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by New EnglandBunning1
            of course.

he almost beat him last time, and floyd isn't getting younger.

body work kills a 37 year old.
            He has to be able to wear floyd down to open up holes in his defense, and force floyd to come out of that shell. The gloves would make a difference in that regard. He also has to move the fight to the ropes more than floyd moves him to the center of the ring. Floyd doesn't like to throw combinations until he is absolutely certain he is in control.

He troubled floyd by being craftier than previous opponents with his feints and offbeat timing, so he has things he can tweak to give himself a shot down the stretch. Floyd's going to be sharp down the stretch so Maidana has to make sure he can land big down the stretch and he has a shot. Tall order though.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan1986 View Post
              Yep agree. I think the referee will be hard for Maidana to be as well.

But if Maidana is giving up power for speed, can he hurt Floyd at all then.

I think Floyd might just box him and run away from Maidana for 12 rounds.
              No, Maidana probably wont be able to hurt floyd at all in a way that will stagger him or buzz him. We've already seen that. But Maidana's power keeps floyd fully respectful at all times, and that is why floyd doesnt punch when Maidana punches. If Maidana can keep up his stamina, then this fact will win him many rounds, just like it did last time.

Floyd boxing and moving is clearly one thing they're going to try when they can, and that will benefit Floyd, but he just doesnt have the legs to do that for even the majority of the fight anymore. There's no doubt that there will be a lot of inside fighting in this one, plus when they did fight on the outside, it was competitive anyway. Maidana showed a surprisingly good jab and head movement, and floyd just wasnt anywhere close in accuracy to what we're used to seeing. This all keeps the fight interesting to me. It's going to be a close and competitive one I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                he will do a lot better if he settle down more and not be so tense throwing wild shots and missing. if he calms down more and sit down on his shots he will do a lot better than the first fight.
                Was he tense in the first fight and throwing wildly? He seemed a lot more economical and controlled than Im used to seeing him. I agree he still used most of his energy in the first half of the fight tho and im confident his team will work on that. I think i remember reading them saying this in fact.

Comment

Maidana has a great shot.

First, the mystic of Jr being invincible is OVER !

Maidana made a comment to the effect that Jr wasn't all what he was cracked up to be, but a good boxer.

Maidana was in too big of a hurry, he definitely needs to hurry but not to the point of winging with all his might and speed hitting nothing, he should settle down a bit, be more calculating by actually throwing a straight right at the precise moment Jr feels those winging bombs, which will be odd and throw poor jr off.

Maidana KNOWS JR CAN'T HURT HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spend more time killing the body especially in the first 6 rounds.

Change up the attack from body to head, instead of more looping head shots that Jr expects, bang the body bang the biceps.

I have not read that this fight is locked in and its getting late for a long camp, so Maidana had ALREADY been working hard on STAMINA.

IF MAIDANA's Stamina doesn't EXCEED JR's Stamina then he can't pull out those last 4 rounds, jr will pot shot him like always in the most boring of fights.

Comment

Everyone who fights Floyd has a chance to win. All it takes is one punch to end a fight.

Comment

Ofcourse he does. Mayweather is beatable, you just need stamina and be mentally tough. Maidana CAN beat Floyd, not sure that he does though and either way it doesnt make the fight any more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X