Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz just needs to train with Roach..!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by komodo View Post
    If Ortiz were to train at the Wildcard the sparring partners would make him quit nevermind actual opponents.
    Well, he has sparred there before and reportedly gave Pacquiao all he could handle in sparring. That was years ago, and yes Roach would have been a good fit but I don't think Freddie would waste his time on a lost cause now.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Well, he has sparred there before and reportedly gave Pacquiao all he could handle in sparring. That was years ago, and yes Roach would have been a good fit but I don't think Freddie would waste his time on a lost cause now.
      The Wildcard is known for its sparring wars. I doubt Victor can hang with those guys anymore. There was a period at the start when he looked like a beast before Chino beat him down. Even the Berto fight made me think that Ortiz might still have it but he failed to capitalise on that. It just seems to me that his heart is not in it no more.

Comment

I don't think its a dead cert that he needs to train with Freddie to relive his best that he once was at although I think Freddie would revive him...
        However I think his best option would be Robert Garcia!

That type of camp look what it has done for Maidana, Marcos didn't look like he was going to be doing much but I guess he has improved in way he seems a lot fitter as well I think being around a lot of rough and tough lads would be just the atmosphere that Victor needs to maybe just maybe make him translate and follow into that attitude of wanting to push through the pain but due to his past altercations and dislike of Rios I don't see it happening which is a pity he'd fit in well at that camp.

I was thinking Virgil and Naz might of been able to do something for him but I get doubts on that being possibly the best possible two options are definitely Freddie and Garcia.

Comment

Put him in with Brother Nazim and make him wear a kufi and grow a sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
            The Wildcard is known for its sparring wars. I doubt Victor can hang with those guys anymore. There was a period at the start when he looked like a beast before Chino beat him down. Even the Berto fight made me think that Ortiz might still have it but he failed to capitalise on that. It just seems to me that his heart is not in it no more.
            I agree with your post and I was actually a pretty big Ortiz fan at one point. The guy just didn't have the heart, the mentality or the passion to make it big in boxing. He also relied too much on athleticism instead of trying to hone his skills. Add all that with a few freak occurences and meltdowns in the ring and the guy turned into a disaster. I think he'd be wise to focus on other endeavors besides boxing as he seems to be doing.

Comment

He is being trained by Joel Diaz now who's a very good trainer! Bradley doesn't have loads of natural talent but Diaz made him an overachiever

Comment

Man, as a boxer he's finished. I don't know who he blew to get a role in the next Expendables, but he hasn't been seriously training or fighting for a long time, and he never had the greatest boxing skills.

Comment

Victors problem is his attitude towards the sport, I can't see many of these top coaches being willing to train this guy If he doesn't give it his all in training camp...

I definitely get the feeling Ortiz cuts corners with regards to training and doesn't push hard enough when something gets tough its kind of hard to imagine considering he actually has had a somewhat rough upbringing.

Comment

Who ever created the poll obviously needs to learn more about the sport of boxing. First of all Robert Garcia will never ever train Victor Ortiz again and here is why: http://www.boxingscene.com/robert-ga...r-ortiz--33917

Second of all, the trainers listed will not put up or tolerate quitters. They are a waste of time, money, and in maybe victors case talent. Victor Ortiz should forget about boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X