No announcement yet.

Chad is not finished as world class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad is not finished as world class

I think we all know Chad's a better fight than that. Hell a few years ago a retired Floyd said Chad might be the best fighter in the world (obviously a knock against the legendary Manny who was the true best). Despite the hyperbole and very clear agenda by Floyd no on would have said 3 years ago Chad was anything less than the top 5 p4p. Now everyone is jumping off his bandwagon because he suffered a weight drained loss to the very calculated Ward and last nights stunning one punch loss to the limited Stevenson. Now I'm not saying Chad is the best but the guy is elite and while losing to another elite like Ward might be justified I see no way if Stevenson rematches him that Chad loses that fight a second time. It was a once in a lifetime home run punch that will never be repeated again just like the one punch Tarver KO of RJJ, he never dropped another elite champion like that ever again.
    Yes, no way is he coming back from these beat downs
    54.35%
    No, he's still got it and is still elite
    15.22%
    Not sure
    30.43%

The poll is expired.

Is safe to say that when you get stopped 2x in a row, you're no longer considered a threat or elite

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
      Is safe to say that when you get stopped 2x in a row, you're no longer considered a threat or elite
      Look at the circumstances though. His first stoppage loss was because he was very clearly weight drained against an elite opponent fighting in their best division and the second KO loss was nothing more than a hit and hope lucky punch. Stevenson caught chad in just the right place and if they fight a hundred times he probably never gets that lucky again.

People are vastly underrating how good chad is.

Comment

Dawson and Khan are twin brothers it seems.

Comment

People shouldn't be so quick to judge and completely write him off. Dawson was caught cold in the first round by a tremendous puncher. That could've happened anytime in his career. Unfortunately we didn't get to see more of Dawson last night. Difficult to know if he's a shot fighter or not when the fight didn't even last two minutes.

We need to see him in the ring again to see what he has left. I'm a big fan of Dawson so hopefully he can still compete with the very best but only time will tell.

Comment

Then how good is he? He can't beat Pascal, Stevenson KO'd him in one round, and he can't go down because he got whipped by Ward. Were does he go and will the Dawson you speak off appear?

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
              Look at the circumstances though. His first stoppage loss was because he was very clearly weight drained against an elite opponent fighting in their best division and the second KO loss was nothing more than a hit and hope lucky punch. Stevenson caught chad in just the right place and if they fight a hundred times he probably never gets that lucky again.

People are vastly underrating how good chad is.

Excuses to be honest. He can come back though.

Comment

The top class Chad hasn't been seen since the Johnson rematch. Since then he has been a shadow of the once very, very good fighter that he was.
                Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 06-09-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Not sure what to think about Chad right now. I had a feeling this was going to happen to him though.

Dawson likes to be in control in his training camps he likes to be his own boss. He has had a lot of trainers working with him in his career thats not good.

I felt he took a gamble fighting Ward at 168 and lost the fight then he gets KO in one round. Back to the drawing board for Gary Shaw and Bad Chad.

I still think he bounces back from this he got caught cold in the first round hey it happens.

Comment

Dawson is a talented fighter. He will be a threat to anyone he fights.

He needs to take a year off, pick one trainer to guide him for the remainder of his career and see if he can make one last run.

Comment

Working...
                    X