No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: W. Klitschko: I Hope Rahman Doesn't Defeat Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: W. Klitschko: I Hope Rahman Doesn't Defeat Povetkin

On July 7th in Bern, Wladimir Klitschko (57-3, 50 KOs) will defend his WBO/IBO/IBF/WBA titles against Tony Thompson, and then a week later, in Germany, WBA "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin (24-0, 16 KOs) will make a mandatory defense against Hasim Rahman. Wladimir is actually hoping that Povetkin pulls through to set up an eventual fight between two Olympic champions (1996 and 2004).

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    On July 7th in Bern, Wladimir Klitschko (57-3, 50 KOs) will defend his WBO/IBO/IBF/WBA titles against Tony Thompson, and then a week later, in Germany, WBA "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin (24-0, 16 KOs) will make a mandatory defense against Hasim Rahman. Wladimir is actually hoping that Povetkin pulls through to set up an eventual fight between two Olympic champions (1996 and 2004).

[Click Here To Read More]
    This fight should happen for sure. Povetkin wont win anything by waiting much longer. Even seems he's waited too long already, considering he was almost defeated by Marco Huck.

Comment

Povetkin is well balanced, true. But well trained? His training is a joke, whether it's the lack of a trainer or the fact that Sasha is simply lazy, I don't know. But, two fights in a row he's come in and gassed by round 5 or 6.

Against Wlad he'd have more of a shot because of Wlad's measured attack and tentative nature. But, against Vitali... yikes. His aggression would have Sasha in a world of hurt.

Comment

Povetkin vs either of the brothers= Povetkin losing a wide UD

Comment

Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
          Povetkin vs either of the brothers= Povetkin losing a wide UD
          I think Wladimir knocks him out. Remember Huck almost put him down several times.. Vitalis "power" seems to drop a lot for every fight so I don't know if he could knock him out, he would win 120-108 on the cards though.

Comment

so if Wlad and Povetkin fight and Wlad wins.does he get the "regular" WBA title to?

Comment

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
              I think Wladimir knocks him out. Remember Huck almost put him down several times.. Vitalis "power" seems to drop a lot for every fight so I don't know if he could knock him out, he would win 120-108 on the cards though.
              Vitali would stop Povetkin easily. His power has slightly waned but he's still got a great Ko ratio since his comeback too.

Comment

Like stepping on roaches......for millions of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                  so if Wlad and Povetkin fight and Wlad wins.does he get the "regular" WBA title to?
                  someone help me out on this one please

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                    someone help me out on this one please
                    No. The regular belt becomes vacant again.

Comment

Working...
                    X