Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Nontio Donaire fighting somone noteable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYU Alum. View Post
    The $$$ has to be right, though. Trust me, Hasegawa is fine where he's at, unless he can be offered more cash than he'll ever make in his own country.

It ain't Nonito's fault that the biggest names in his division have not stepped up, Arce and Montiel !!
    Nope...Hasegawa wants to come to the US for name recognition world wide. I'm not saying he will come and fight a top fighter for peanuts (who would ?), but he is willing to sacrifice the dough he is getting in Japan to come to the States to fight a top guy.

Agbecko was suppose to be the fight that brought him over here, but King Kong got UD by Perez. Hopefully Donaire would Man up and call out Hasegawa.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
      Nope...Hasegawa wants to come to the US for name recognition world wide. I'm not saying he will come and fight a top fighter for peanuts (who would ?), but he is willing to sacrifice the dough he is getting in Japan to come to the States to fight a top guy.

Agbecko was suppose to be the fight that brought him over here, but King Kong got UD by Perez. Hopefully Donaire would Man up and call out Hasegawa.
      He has, and even mentioned of going to Japan if need be. I think it would be a dumb move on Nonito's part though. The Japanese have no shame when it comes to robbin' foreign fighters.

Comment

He has, and even mentioned of going to Japan if need be. I think it would be a dumb move on Nonito's part though. The Japanese have no shame when it comes to robbin' foreign fighters.
        I wouldnt say that, look at how many defenses Wongjongkam had out there with little to no issue. This is the case for alot of countries, but i wouldnt say japan is some home to robberies.

Comment

donaire's career is being run badly, imho. he should be fighting twice, thrice a year.

Comment

I doubt Hasegawa v Donaire will happen anytime soon.

It appears Hasegawa will move up soon, looking to fight at both junior featherweight and featherweight.

Comment

I like Donaire but he is still riding on the Darchinyan win. He doesnt have any good names on his resume since. I was hoping for him to face Hasegawa or any top fighters at Super flyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                FWIW I actually like Donaire but think of my comments as me saying something that needs to be said to Nonito. He has the talent and is in his prime. All I want is for him to step up and face top guys instead of bums. Don't give me that ducking **** either because there are a ton of guys in the lower classes that will fight anyone.

Hasegawa is looking for a reason to come to america. For damn sure he is not afraid on Nonito Donaire

Also these guys also will fight anyone
                Yohhny Perez
                Nehomar Cermeno
                Anselmo Moreno
                Joseph Agbecko
                Those are all guys at 118lbs. Donaire has 1 fight at 115lbs. He tried to get a unification bout with Naito at 112lbs but the japs only recognize the WBC and WBA belts. And if Donaire gave up his IBF belt he would have had to fight a couple of title eliminators first before becoming a mandatory.

He tried to get a match with Montiel, Arce and a rematch with Darchinyan at 115lbs. Arce has been on a slide and Both Montiel and Arce vacated their belts to move up to 118

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                  I wouldnt say that, look at how many defenses Wongjongkam had out there with little to no issue. This is the case for alot of countries, but i wouldnt say japan is some home to robberies.
                  the asian countries notorious for hometown decisions are thailand and south korea. there was even a plan too a year ago by the philippines sports commission to ban filipino boxers from fighting in thailand. they were shipping pinoy patsies with records like 2-11-14 to be used as punching bags by thais who wanted to pad their records.

of course we know south korea and that rjj decision in the olympics.

japan is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                    Okay, you have a point. I just can't get over the fact that they have robbed my favorite Muay Thai fighter, Buakaw, so many d*mn times !!

Comment

Okay, you have a point. I just can't get over the fact that they have robbed my favorite Muay Thai fighter, Buakaw, so many d*mn times !!
                      japan boxing is ok. their mma, however, is being run by the yamaguchi-gumi - the yakuza.

Comment

Working...
                      X