Collapse
No announcement yet.

I smoked a rice burner today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kinda block you got? Compression? Blown? Year?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Very true. It's all about how deep your pockets are. Me, if I had the money, would get a Ford GT, and take it to Heffner. Great handling car, plus 1300 + h.p. on C 16. Who say's you cant't have the best of both worlds.
      Not a bad choice, a lovely car brought to streets from race track. Saleen S7R also gets my vote. Vipers and 'Vettes are too common, dull and hyped imo.

Comment

Originally posted by khepesh View Post
        Not a bad choice, a lovely car brought to streets from race track. Saleen S7R also gets my vote. Vipers and 'Vettes are too common, dull and hyped imo.
        Yeah, Saleen's are wicked. I would drop kick a wheel chair bound nun for a Koenigsegg CCX or a Gemballa Porsche Carrera GT....

Comment

Yeah, Saleen's are wicked. I would drop kick a wheel chair bound nun for a Koenigsegg CCX or a Gemballa Porsche Carrera GT....
          You have a good taste, add Maserati MC 12 and Pagani Zonda and you have a great crop of true supercars in your garage.

btw, greened.
          Last edited by khepesh; 12-02-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by khepesh View Post
            You have a good taste, add Maserati MC 12 and Pagani Zonda and you have a great crop of true supercars in your garage.

btw, greened.
            Returned the green, bud. Yeah, I seen a couple of videos of Zondas, and Carrera GTs with some companies titanium exhaust system. To say those cars were FU.CKING LOUD, would be a understatement. The damn cars sounded like they were screaming in anger. Fookin epic, spine tingling wail.

Comment

Returned the green, bud. Yeah, I seen a couple of videos of Zondas, and Carrera GTs with some companies titanium exhaust system. To say those cars were FU.CKING LOUD, would be a understatement. The damn cars sounded like they were screaming in anger. Fookin epic, spine tingling wail.
              Porsche made a very nice exception with Carrera GT by placing the V10 in it instead of a 6-cyl. boxer, and that can be heard...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                lol at dumb****s who think a honda can beat a Camaro SS.

[IMG][/IMG]
                You clearly haven't seen the crazy hondas that we have in PR... I nearly got smoked by a hatch a few weeks ago.... I have a fully built lightning that does 11 flat and high 10's on a good day...

Comment

I can't even get ricers to race me.

I pull up next to them at a light and they look the other way.

Edit: '78 Mustang II Fastback, 331 stroker with dual quads and a tunnel ram intake. All work done by owner.
                  Last edited by fraidycat; 12-02-2009, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Like Driver said, there are some crazy Japanese cars!
                    The diffrence with the imports and the domestics is that you can buy a classic and turn it into a ****in beast and it's legal. Imports are illegal once you even think about putting premium gas in em, which out here in Cali is a mesely 91 octane. Most imports that are fast have engines in them that belong to other cars unless you invest in an EVO, STI, ISF etc...I used to be all about the imports cuz I was into drifting and I had my fair share of illegal cars but it aint worth the trouble to be honest. But just to put into perspective, my buddy who was an engine builder had a single cam 1.6 in a gutted crx that did 10 second 1/4 mile naturally aspirated on race gas, power to weight ratio.
                    I got love for domestic and imports though, new Camaros are sick!

Comment

Originally posted by HollaHolla View Post
                      But just to put into perspective, my buddy who was an engine builder had a single cam 1.6 in a gutted crx that did 10 second 1/4 mile naturally aspirated on race gas, power to weight ratio.
                      I'd love to see a timeslip.

I run 424 rwhp @ 6300 and 440 ft./lbs. of torque at 5900 in a 2,600 lb car -- with fuel & driver -- with a seriously-built 5.4L. That should technically put the car into the 10's but my best 1/4 is 12.441 @ 109, and that's with a decent R/T. My father-in-law got 11.992 in my rig and he's been running drags since he was 17.

Just because a guy has a car that can go 150 mph, he does not have a ten-second car.

It takes a $50,000 drivetrain and a very good driver to break into the 10's. Suspension, steering, launch (60'), subframe, driveline and scattershield reinforcements, plus you've got to be willing to possibly demolish a very expensive manual tranny by powershifting without a clutch at 7K. To actually hit the 10's you need a car that can hit 8's. And 8's require torque that no 1.6L in the world can manufacture. Torque moves cars, HP does not. Torque is a function of displacement. You need a big engine to make a car accelerate quickly.

The only cars I've actually seen an amateur run in the 10's have nitrous, roots blowers, 9" rear ends, and mammoth V8's. The last one I saw was an Olds 88 running a Cadillac 500 stroked to 571 -- think about that; that's a 9 LITER engine, your'e talking pistons the size of coffee cans -- with dual quads, an 8:71 blower, and twin nitrous foggers. He was running about 850 hp. 850 real, rear-wheel horsepower, and about that much torque, at redline and a 200hp nitrous shot. It was also probably an $80,000 car.

I pick up some good money at the street-legal drags in the summers by racing guys who have "ten second cars," only to see them running real-world 16's.
                      Last edited by fraidycat; 12-02-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X