No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes Vs Renaldo Snipes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Holmes Vs Renaldo Snipes

I just re watched it a min ago haven't seen it in years i forgot how good that fight was, that punch that Snipes landed on holmes was brutal. Holmes did a great job recovering from that most would have been knocked out. Thought it was a bit of an early stoppage though.
    I also watched Snipes against Berbick that was a very good fight as well, Snipes got in another big straight right against Berbick and dropped him in the first round. The action was very good till bout the 7th when it did slow down a little but was still good well worth downloading.

Holmes had a hell of a jab. He knocks down overmatched Ocasio with it in this fight. Watch 3:45.

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post
      I just re watched it a min ago haven't seen it in years i forgot how good that fight was, that punch that Snipes landed on holmes was brutal. Holmes did a great job recovering from that most would have been knocked out. Thought it was a bit of an early stoppage though.
      I also watched Snipes against Berbick that was a very good fight as well, Snipes got in another big straight right against Berbick and dropped him in the first round. The action was very good till bout the 7th when it did slow down a little but was still good well worth downloading.
      The punch Snipes landed on Holmes was similar to the one Tyson caught Holmes with. Holmes always had great recovery-powers as showed best in the Snipes fight.

Snipes himself is underrated. He was very feared after the Holmes fight and if I remember correctly he didn't get any other big fights despite being very worthy. He didn't have the right management to secure the fights. I believe he fought for MSG at a time when Don King controlled all heavyweight boxing.

Comment

I think snipes lost a close fight to Witherspoon he also lost a UD against Page. Not sure how these fights went as i have seen them I will have to try and get hold of them. The Snipes Berbick fight i have is about 600mb if i can find a fast connection at work i will try and up it as its a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun View Post

Just like everyone else who ever gave Holmes a tough fight, Snipes never got a rematch. Just like Witherspoon, Weaver, and Carl Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Just like everyone else who ever gave Holmes a tough fight, Snipes never got a rematch. Just like Witherspoon, Weaver, and Carl Williams.
            Witherspoon and Williams deserved rematches, Williams is another underrated fighter his chin was weak but that guy had good skills for his size and was at points in that fight out jabbing Holmes.

Comment

That punch that Snipes landed on Holmes was almost on par with the shot that Shavers landed, it was brutal.

Comment

Working...
              X