No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios claims Chaves hits weak, and Pacquiao hit him harder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
    How do we know that? Rios never took a step back and was never visibly hurt. Alvarado had Rios momentarily hurt in their first fight.
    Come on man, he went straight to the hospital after the fight, and he was getting hit with pretty brutal punches. That he can stand there while getting brain damaged doesnt change that. I think they stopped the fight just in time. In the last couple rounds Chaves was starting to box better and there was no way Rios would have won that fight.
    I get it that he needed the win, but for all the dirty fighting on both sides of that fight, nothing was as dirty as having Chaves DQ just to have Rios career. That's that. Rios is tough and goes forward but has no boxing ability. I much rather watch Chaves fight again than Rios. Its a shame for Rios, but he's done, he just cant box worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
      How do we know that? Rios never took a step back and was never visibly hurt. Alvarado had Rios momentarily hurt in their first fight.
      The only reason Rios didn't move forward on Pacquiao and was cautious was because he was sleepy from the 8 am fight time, and he admit he was starstruck and it caused him to freeze up he wasn't used to such a big stage on his first ppv.

It has nothing to do with him respecting Pacmans punch.

Rios was walking forward and through Chaves punches because he knew he had no choice after his poor performance against Pac, he was trying to make up for it, and he was hurt bad, when he fought Pac he was never hurt he even said it his pride and ego was more hurt than anything post Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Just by watching Rios in the Chaves fight, he never looked hurt not one time. Against Pac he wasn't necessarily hurt, but you can see he was stunned a few times from the speed of the shots.

I believe Rios, he is a stand up guy and not one to BS. I can't remember watching a fighter get hit low MULTIPLE times and not milk it. He was hit that way by Peterson and didn't want to do what 99% of all boxers do.

Since that moment he's gotten my respect. All you computer tough guys talk **** about Rios, but the man is a warrior and just wants to fight. I will pay to see him every time.
        Rios has balls and he's a very likeable guy, but besides being as tough as nails hes a punching bag. Dont sit there telling me Chaves wasnt outboxing him and clearly winning that fight man.
        People talk about excessive clinching should watch Alexander vs Maidana, or 99% of mayweather fights.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Rios was walking forward and through Chaves punches because he knew he had no choice after his poor performance against Pac, he was trying to make up for it, and he was hurt bad, when he fought Pac he was never hurt he even said it his pride and ego was more hurt than anything post Pacquiao.
          He walks forward because that's the only thing he knows how to do. When Robert Garcia says getting punched is Rios style, that's BS, its no ones "style", its him not being good. Brandon is tough, strong, and likeable, but he sucks. Its only because of an iron chin and good people aroudn him that he got this far. Anyone that cares for him should be planning on retireing rather than keep eating punches like that. Rios may die on his feet becuase he's that kind of guy, but Chaves was giving him a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
            Come on man, he went straight to the hospital after the fight, and he was getting hit with pretty brutal punches. That he can stand there while getting brain damaged doesnt change that. I think they stopped the fight just in time. In the last couple rounds Chaves was starting to box better and there was no way Rios would have won that fight.
            I get it that he needed the win, but for all the dirty fighting on both sides of that fight, nothing was as dirty as having Chaves DQ just to have Rios career. That's that. Rios is tough and goes forward but has no boxing ability. I much rather watch Chaves fight again than Rios. Its a shame for Rios, but he's done, he just cant box worth.
            Chaves landed a pretty wicked DDT where Rios landed on his head. I don't see how we're expected to buy into the Chaves power puncher hype when he's never knocked down anyone worthy mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Rios lost to both who cares.

2 judges had Chaves winning before the "DQ"
              Lol Yup! Hopefully Chaves gets on the PAC ppv card.

Comment

Truth or not, i don't care..but what i am laughing at is how people are saying" HE HAS BEEN IN WITH BOTH HE SHOULD KNOW"...but when Rosado says Quillin is more heavy handed then GGG he is called a lier even tho he has been in with both

Comment

i heard hectari sparred with pac, rios, fraud jr, algieri, chaves, cotto, thurman, and tyson and he thinks algeiri hits the hardest.

Comment

I was just watching this "fight" again.
                    It was SO clear Rios knew he had no chance of winning this fight.
                    1) Tripping chaves with his foot in round 1
                    2)Throwing Chaves again in round 5. Only then did Chaves bring him down along with him the next time Rios did that.
                    3)Constant headbutting from Rios
                    4)Constant rabbit punching from Rios
                    5)Rios catching Chaves arms and twisting them.
                    I mean, Cahves was respnding with dirt of his own but Rios knew he had no other way of winning this fight.

Comment

rios was definitekly hurt vs pacquiao, on numerous occassions

didn't see him hurt once vs chaves, chaves didn't land many great shots though, one or two flush right hands, otherwise nothing to sweep the legs off you

Comment

Working...
                      X