Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amnat Ruenroeng vs Rocky Fuentes IBF Flyweight title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amnat Ruenroeng vs Rocky Fuentes IBF Flyweight title?

I haven't read anything about this fight being official but it's listed on boxrec for Jan 22. Mthalane Moruti was originally scheduled to defend his title against Amnat in Thailand but just pulled out a few day ago. Apparently he's been stripped of his title and Amnat is still being giving the opportunity, which seems fair to me. Fuentes was also scheduled to fight one of the Arroyo twin on Jan 25 but now it looks like he's headed to Thailand and not Puerto Rico.

I wasn't able to find any of Amnat's pro fights but I saw a few of his amateur fights on YouTube. Amnat Ruenroeng was sentenced to 15 years in prison and joined a boxing program while locked up. He won a spot on the Olympic team and was released the next day. It's funny who things work in other countries. He beat Ioka as a amateur and fought Shiming and Juan Carlos Payano too.

112 is one of the best divisions in boxing and one of these guys can position themselves to be a player at flyweight if they win this fight. What do you guys think. I really don't know much about either fighter. Fuentes is a vet and Ruenroeng only has 11 fights but looks like he has good amateur pedigree, something a lot of Thai fighters don't seem to have.

Why was Mthalane stripped of the title. Was is because he was unwilling to fight this Ruenroeng fellow or is it due to injury and if Mthalane couldn't fight Ruenroeng due to certain circumstances why wasn't the fight rescheduled. Mthalane held the title about 4 years but didn't fight but once a year wonder if Mthalane will move up in weight and make another run at a title at 115lbs or 118lbs

Comment

I'm going to hang around in this thread until I see a name that people other than their families would recognize.

Comment

Originally posted by Rpgboxen View Post
        Why was Mthalane stripped of the title. Was is because he was unwilling to fight this Ruenroeng fellow or is it due to injury and if Mthalane couldn't fight Ruenroeng due to certain circumstances why wasn't the fight rescheduled. Mthalane held the title about 4 years but didn't fight but once a year wonder if Mthalane will move up in weight and make another run at a title at 115lbs or 118lbs
        I guess the IBF didn't like the inactivity.
        I mean, he's defended it 4 times since he won it in 09

Comment

Working...
        X