No announcement yet.

Is James Toney an ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is James Toney an ATG

Saw a thread on here recently asking if 'Vitali was an ATG' so i wanna know if you feel Toney is an ATG.

Hes a 4 weight world champ and used to be considered one of the best P4P

Hes always been one of my favorites to watch the way in the ring style he fought in was so calm and relaxed at times it didn't even look like he was trying. His trash talking and post fight interviews have been some of the funniest ive witnessed in all my years of watching boxing.

In my opinion Toney should go down as one of the best middleweights of all time and his achivemments beyond that winning the supper middleweight, crusierweight and heavyweight belts just add to his legacy
    Yes
    76.47%
    No
    23.53%

Yes hes an ATG.

Comment

He's not an all time great but he could have been.

Comment

He falls just a little short in my opinion. Should have kept disciplined, who knows what else he could have accomplished. Then again he's only the 2nd MW to move up and capture HW gold in the last century so it's debatable.

Comment

In terms of head to head ability in his prime Toney is absolutely a great. Accomplishments? Maybe not.

Comment

Yes, i think he's in the bottom 25 of top100 of all time.

I mean Nunn, Barkley, Johnson, McCallum, Jirov etc etc.

Fought elite opponents from middleweight to heavyweight.

Comment

Think so. People forget how good fighters like Nunn and McCallum actually were, on top of the other excellent fighters he beat

Comment

Yeah he is... but look at him now... what an embarrassment...

Comment

Has beaten several HOF fighters and great career longevity so yes. Probably between 75 and 80 on a list of 100.

Comment

Yeah he is. I have no doubts he'll be inducted into the HOF as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X