Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait a Minute there are people that actually think Marquez Landed a lucky punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
    It wasnt a lucky punch... its just that the punch was powered by PEDs
    Again speculation but considering all the accusations that Manny is hopped up on PED's himself wouldn't that make it an even fight. I mean if basless accusations with no proof is what you believe in then Manny and JMM were both on steroids so how was Manny cheated?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      I do agree, it is pure speculation but Pacquiao's momentum coming forward, he crashed into that punch.
      That happens all the time example Floyds check hook on Hatton! Floyd in no way landed a lucky punch that was a legitimate knock out and the momentum hatton had going forward made the pounch even more effective.

Comment

Nobody actually thinks that. Not anyone that matters anyway. You either don't know boxing, or are a straight-up hater, and deep down know the truth, but no one intelligent disrespects one of the best combination punchers in the game like that. The day I see Marquez blindfolded and swinging wildly and connecting with someone who is moving in and out, then I will say it was lucky, actually maybe even then I wouldn't, I would just say Marquez must just be strong with the force.

~LoadedWraps

Comment

It is in a sense lucky because what if for a split second he hesitated then it would not be the same result. That's not taking anything away from Marquez or his victory, but luck is involved in everyday life. Pac is lucky he didn't get ktfo sooner etc.

Comment

Pacquiao got reckless and made a mistake and Marquez took advantage of it because as you said he is a great counterpuncher. Pacquiao said it was a lucky punch to keep his confidence up. It's what fighters usually do. If I remember correctly Williams said the same thing about the punch that Martinez KOed him with.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              Juan Manuel marquez is one of the best counter punchers/tacticians in boxing and he has been for the better part of the 21st century. He's been the only real boxer who has been competative with Pac since he came to the U.S. and landed lots of huge shots on pac over the course of their first 4 fights. So explain to me how exactly was a perfectly thrown counter punche thrown by a very giften counter puncher lucky? Seriously how do you even begin to defend that opinion? Some bum off the street landing the perfect counter shot is lucky. JMM has thrown that same punch so many times in the gym over and over again that its ingrained into his mind. That is not luck!!!
              in the gym he mastered the art of foot stomping someone into falling into his fist?

stop, if not for pacquiao's footing getting fugged up, he would neve have been standing straight up like that, with his face squared up to the punch

austin trout thought it was lucky
              barrera thought it was lucky

there are some other guys too

i mean, for 1, even marquez says he didn't think it would have knocked pacquiao out, 2, marquez says pacquiao cut his punch short, it was meant to be longer and that he felt it didn't have the full power because it was cut so short

lol, luck written all over it

Comment

No. It was no lucky punch. But i think what people are confusing about the phrase " got lucky" is ...that JMM was lucky he landed that Perfectly timed punch. Meaning JMM was not looking good. We all saw that. Manny saw it. 5th and 6th round was brutal for JMM. It was a matter of time before it was over.
                I gave him props for staying alive in the 5th and was shocked he made it to the end of the 6th. 10sec warning came it was like, WOW he made it...BUT Manny got way careless and JMM stayed focused and saw the opening and fired a bomb. Manny got ktfo. with 5 sec left. Id say that was luck for JMM. But in no way a lucky punch! He did that!!!!

Comment

Its was a well placed shot that JMM put a great deal of force into all while Pac kind of jumped into it, a very fortunate series of events in a short span of time in JMM's favor, props to him for the brutal ko win.

Comment

The punch wasn't lucky, Marquez just finally had the right game plan for Pac that time around. It's funny how people act like Marquez hit Pac with a lucky shot when they have fought 4 TIMES! Pac has been countered alot by Marquez before, it's nothing new.

Now why the KO? Well, Pac's clumsiness and overconfidence got him Knocked out. The combination of Pac losing balance + Marquez's perfectly hard punch = KTFO! Pac didn't have both his legs planted on the canvas when he got hit, so most of the force was absorbed by his neck. I'm sure that if Pac was balanced he would've taken that shot by Marquez well.

Comment

Only the dick eating Pactards believe it was a "lucky" punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X