Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Castillo VS Floyd Mayweather I, Who really won??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    So why didn't Dawson win against that farmer Karpency? He landed 100000000 jabs.
    So Every fight Is the same lol

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      So Every fight Is the same lol
      Dawson landed a million jabs so he should've won.

Comment

• I thought Floyd won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
          I thought Floyd won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            So why didn't Dawson win against that farmer Karpency? He landed 100000000 jabs.
            What the **** does that fight have to do with with this thread?

Beer if you have a problem with how fights are scored, ok. If you want power punches to count more, ok.

But when you score a fight, if you do so in any way other than required by the rules, then you are incorrect.

Judges often disagree so I can understand why you may disagree with me or anyone who has floyd winning. That's fine.

But using compubox totals and a fight almost 15 years later is never going to work as valid means of supporting that opinion.

Comment

• I don't even have to read one post in this thread to know it's FILLED with Mayweather hate. LOL!

Looking for any opening to criticize, denigrate and flat out HATE.

I was at Mayweather-Castillo I. I thought it was a close fight live and in person. I even cringed when I heard the scorecards because I thought my boy might have lost.

When I got back home from Vegas, I rewatched the recording and scored it. I remember giving the first five rounds to Mayweather and the rest being even. I also recall Mayweather going toe to toe with Castillo in the last round.

Bottom line is when I watched it at home, it was an easy fight to score. Mayweather won and somewhat comfortably. Good try by Castillo but he lost. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                What the **** does that fight have to do with with this thread?

Beer if you have a problem with how fights are scored, ok. If you want power punches to count more, ok.

But when you score a fight, if you do so in any way other than required by the rules, then you are incorrect.

Judges often disagree so I can understand why you may disagree with me or anyone who has floyd winning. That's fine.

But using compubox totals and a fight almost 15 years later is never going to work as valid means of supporting that opinion.

You're right Dunn. 100+ power punches landed over 12 rounds don't matter, even if that fighter won 7-4 of the rounds doesn't matter.

I'll start counting jabs.

Comment

• Originally posted by malcolm View Post
                  I don't even have to read one post in this thread to know it's FILLED with Mayweather hate. LOL!

I was at Mayweather-Castillo I. I thought it was a close fight live and in person. I even cringed when I heard the scorecards because I thought my boy might have lost.

When I got back home from Vegas, I rewatched the recording and scored it. I remember giving the first five rounds to Mayweather and the rest being even. I also recall Mayweather going toe to toe with Castillo in the last round.

Bottom line is when I watched it at home, it was an easy fight to score. Mayweather won and somewhat comfortably. Good try by Castillo but he lost. Period.
                  Do you recall why Floyd had to engage with Jose? Because Roger said "we have to seal it, you gotta engage!" Not jab and move around.

10-8 round had FLOYDS corner all shook.

You just said you were there live and nervous that Floyd lost

Comment

• Obvious close fight. Obviously not a robbery.

Press row were split.

Had Floyd edging it can't argue with it going the other way.

Comment

• Originally posted by malcolm View Post
                      I don't even have to read one post in this thread to know it's FILLED with Mayweather hate. LOL!

You got it in one, brotha, they always try to keep us down but we always prevail, poochiao bout to get that work ya hear me?

Comment

Working...
                      X