No announcement yet.

What happened to Joshua Clottey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Joshua Clottey?

I don't particularly miss him, just don't know why we he's only had 1 fight since the Pacquiao snoozefest. And how did he get a fight against Pacquiao coming off of a loss to Cotto anyway?

He faded into obscurity.

It was bound to happen. He lost all of his big fights & Arum doesnt give a **** about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac. View Post
      He faded into obscurity.

It was bond to happen. He lost all of his big fights & Arum doesnt give a **** about him.
      Arum totally disowned him after Clottey implied that the Pac fight was thrown fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Band-Aid View Post
        Arum totally disowned him after Clottey implied that the Pac fight was thrown fight.
        Yeah, pretty much.

Comment

Wtf? Never heard about that until just now. Read up a little bit. The way Clottey put that out there makes it seem like BS.

Comment

Like many fighters, he took a break after receiving his first (and probably last) massive payday. His original comeback was cancelled when he fell and broke his wrist while jogging, and as mentioned above, implying to the African press that the Pacquiao fight was fixed probably didn't make his promoter too happy with him.

Right now he's sitting on his ass waiting for a big fight, but it isn't going to come unless he stays active and fights a few more fights for peanuts. Kell Brook recently mentioned him as a possible opponent to make it sound like he was chasing high-level opponents, but it was all complete bull****.

Comment

Does he literally have no value to his name anymore? I could see him as high level contender/gatekeeper, I don't see him winning even a paperbelt or anything like that though.

Comment

what did he say exactly? something told me i had to lose that day. lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by sux_my_wang_34 View Post
                  Does he literally have no value to his name anymore? I could see him as high level contender/gatekeeper, I don't see him winning even a paperbelt or anything like that though.
                  He is in a position where there is no demand/interest in seeing him, he's not ranked by the sanctioning bodies, and he's too risky of a fight to take for an up-and-comer just to get his name on their resume. Remember, Clottey kicked Judah's ass and also beat the hell out of Cotto, who escaped with a SD.

The champions at 154 wont fight him unless they have to. Personally I'd be interested to see Canelo-Clottey, but the GBP/TR feud would prevent that. There is no reason for any name fighter to face him until he has climbed his way back up the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                    what did he say exactly? something told me i had to lose that day. lmfao
                    It's sad because you could tell that was just a butthurt response by him.

Comment

Working...
                    X