Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people like to throw the "past prime" or "weight drained" excuse???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people like to throw the "past prime" or "weight drained" excuse???

are these the only two excuse's people can use to a fighter losing a fight? i find it stupid that soon as one fighter lose one fight people jump on the "past prime weight drained" bangwangon.

maybe the fight just loss the fight? how bout we use that as an excuse, seems like a preety good excuse to me.

haters always like to discredit fighters whos not named Mayweather

Comment

Becuase often it is the case. It's usually not an excuse but a reasonable observation about why A beat B on the night.

I mean look at Pac/DLH. Hoya was clearly weight drained and past prime in that fight. Clearly, in his prime at 147 it would have been a far more competitive fight.

It's not an excuse - just an observation.

Comment

ODLH weight in was 147 i believe right?

What weight he came in on fight night, 147 or 148? What was he trying to prove?

Comment

He wasn't trying to prove anything. The guy should have been down Maccy-D's - not in a boxing ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
            Becuase often it is the case. It's usually not an excuse but a reasonable observation about why A beat B on the night.

I mean look at Pac/DLH. Hoya was clearly weight drained and past prime in that fight. Clearly, in his prime at 147 it would have been a far more competitive fight.

I agree with this. Massive weight loss does hamper ability.

It can be the fault of the boxer for lack of preparation sure but it also can be the fighter's body has outgrown the division and they are unnaturally trying to make weight.

Comment

people get that twisted tho

pac/hoya is one of the few fight that you can say one of the men was weight drained or past prime and it be a resonable excuse, cause it was time for dela hoya to retire anyway.

cotto-pac isn't, cotto lost to the better fight that night. saying cotto weight drained for that fight is an excuse conisdering that he came in 146 a pound over for the clottely fight

Comment

some say tito was past prime when he fought b-hop, but before that he was doing well at 160 and won a title after that. plus he went on to win a few fights in that weight.

Comment

Well.... to be honest the barrier between excuse and observation is only defined when your allegiances are revealed!

Comment

Yeah but they are legitimate reasons...

But ones like... Cotto is past prime? Yes he took a beating from Marg, Yes with the HUGE GASH over his eye against clottey in the later rounds he didnt look great (who would?) And he put up a hell of a fight for the first 4-5 rounds against pac....

Now hes past it?

Them kind of excuses are just stupid

Comment

Working...
                    X