Gamboa purse: $1.1 million + $100k if he wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Which is why Rios is the one not showing up at pressers
    Rios is getting top billing and probably getting a bigger purse fighting a FW coming up two weight classes when he is too big for 135 to begin with its sweet deal for Rios since we all know he would lose that 0 at 140 so why the **** wouldn't he show up?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Rios is getting top billing and probably getting a bigger purse fighting a FW coming up two weight classes when he is too big for 135 to begin with its sweet deal for Rios since we all know he would lose that 0 at 140 so why the **** wouldn't he show up?
      I dont know, you tell me

Comment

you people need to realize Rios sucks ass I thought that was a known fact

Comment

[HTML][HTML][PHP]I did not realize until today that Gamboa is already 30 yrs old and he has still not reached the next level! He is drastically running out of time. Let's look at someone who is comparitvly the same age as Gamboa. Cotto is 31 yrs old and he is a superstar, he has been a superstar for several yrs already and Gamboa has still not had a defining fight.

This fight if he won could bring him to the superstar level in one fight. If he chose another route it will take him more time, time which he does not have. This fight is a risk, but the reward is great and worth the risk. If he stays at 126, who does he fight that is equal to Rios? Lopez has a fight coming up and if he wins Gamboa could fight him but that would be at the end of the year. Donaire is at 122 and will probably stay their for at least a yr. If Gamboa moves up to 130 their is not much except Broner, which is with GBP, that would be a great fight, but Broner is a big 130lbs and could move up to 135 anytime, plus the fact that GBP and TR probably would not do the fight.

So where does this leave Gamboa's career? I recall seeing him probably 4-5 yrs ago on ESPN FNF's and I thought he would be a star very soon, but he still has not attained such a status 5yrs later. At 30yrs old he needs to do something drastic to reach that superstar status and a fight and win against a guy like Rios would do the trick.

Comment

Working...
          X