No announcement yet.

The All-TIME GREATS THREAD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    It's unfair to rate Lewis, Fenech, Tsyzu etc as ATGs and not Johnson IMO.
    Oh !!!!!.. I admitted defeat on the Harold Johnson question,.. I was outvoted anyway.... But the more I think about it, the more I realise something..... I rate him higher than Roy Jones Junior, Bernard Hopkins & Floyd Mayfight-Maynotfight Junior....... So yes Harold is now there...... and of course, Billy Conn is there,.... it hardly needs mentioning,. Billy was great.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      So a division is fraudulent because lol let me guess you can actually watch the fights? How old are you? Were you even alive when there wasn't a light middleweight division?

Oh McCallum has easily one of the top 5 resumes of the past 25 years its a joke that I even have to have this conversation.
      I have nothing against McCallum,... just settle down and wait for the votes to come in. He has had a yes vote or two,.. just let the numbers speak for themselves .. but where do you rate him in the top 150.... name 20 that he's better than. ---------------------------------------------------------- Yes I was around when the Junior middleweight division had no support,.. Our very own Rocky Mattioli was a junior MW champion,..... but tell me three facts about him..... I give you 20 minutes from now to tell me just 3 things about Mattioli ... THREE ... 20 minutes for you to do some googling LOL.... who did he win his title from...... here's your chance to demonstrate your Junior MW history,..--- ----------------------- TWENTY MINUTES....... NINETEEN MINUTES & FIFTY-NINE SECONDS, ... NINETEE......................................

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        Vote against Slappin' Joe!

I'm having a bad morning so I can't think of any that haven't been said, so that's all I'll do for now.
        Who is "Slappin' Joe". ????.... it's very late.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          So a division is fraudulent because lol let me guess you can actually watch the fights? How old are you? Were you even alive when there wasn't a light middleweight division?

Oh McCallum has easily one of the top 5 resumes of the past 25 years its a joke that I even have to have this conversation.
          It's fraudulent because of:

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Fraudulent because it isn't an old-school 8 division. It exists solely to feed the greed of the fraudulant ABC organizations who reap a windfall of sanctioning from all the extra titles floating around. More weight classes = more "champions" = more title fights = more sanctioning fees = more money for worthless ABC organizations. Not to mention that doubling the number of weight classes dilutes the talent of the legitimate divisions.
          Apparently in addition to being an idiot you're also illiterate. Typical.

Poet

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            It's fraudulent because of:

Apparently in addition to being an idiot you're also illiterate. Typical.

Poet
            LOL............ Pepe ............................ LE PEW........ LOL....LOL.,,,,LOL.:wank::wank:

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
              Who is "Slappin' Joe". ????.... it's very late.
              Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                Joe Calzaghe.
                I don't know much about Calzaghe, except that he beat every American he ever fought, and was undefeated..... But I question his reasons for his early retirement.... I guess we should see what the voters say.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  I don't know much about Calzaghe, except that he beat every American he ever fought, and was undefeated..... But I question his reasons for his early retirement.... I guess we should see what the voters say.
                  He already has 3 No votes.

It's going to be a resounding no.

And rightfully so. He's not an ATG.

Comment

I vote against Joe Calzaghe being an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
                      I vote against Joe Calzaghe being an ATG.
                      LOL....... Gee it looks real bad for Calzaghe........ By the way Iron old boy.... I never voted on Calzaghe either,.... I thought it best just to stay stum....... LOL ........FIVE NO VOTES TO ZERO....... pick up your game Welshman, or you're OUT !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X