No announcement yet.

Will Roman Gonzalez be Number One?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Roman Gonzalez be Number One?

When Mayweather retires in a week or so, will Gonzalez who is very much an unknown, be number one pound for pound in the Ring's ratings? I don't hink this is a bad move. I'm a big fan of Gonzalez, who is way more entertaining than Mayweather. However, I do have to wonder why Wladimir is not next up. The guy has been champion for nearly ten years and he has beaten everybody in his division except for a couple of course, which he is getting to. Like him or not, he's knocked them all down. I think he deserves the number one spot with Gonzalez being a close second. Then again, maybe their October fights will really tell us what's going on.

roman is #2 on transnationals list too so pretty much consensus

wlad is absolute number one boxer in the world.. the point of p4p is to indentify who is the best ignoring weights so people tend to just forget about p4p if they rank wlad #1

Comment

He's got great skills, but I just find it a bit sad considering a tiny man like that could be our sport's P4P #1 guy. I say this as a Finito Lopez fan.

Comment

Of course not.

Viloria is going to knock him out!

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          He's got great skills, but I just find it a bit sad considering a tiny man like that could be our sport's P4P #1 guy. I say this as a Finito Lopez fan.
          That's true. of course, it might not be a bad thing for a mini-bad ass to hold the top spot for a short while at least. How often do the bantamweights and below get any attention? It's very rare and he has won 43 straight. I don't know. It's hard to say.

Either way, I am happy the p4p ratings look a whole lot different now as a lot of these same old guys are getting out of the way so the new blood can rise.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            It would prove that P4P is what it really is -- not a popularity contest.

Comment

One more thing .......WAR CHOCOLATITO! A BIGGER MAN THAN MOST IN THIS SPORT.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                That's true. of course, it might not be a bad thing for a mini-bad ass to hold the top spot for a short while at least. How often do the bantamweights and below get any attention? It's very rare and he has won 43 straight. I don't know. It's hard to say.

Either way, I am happy the p4p ratings look a whole lot different now as a lot of these same old guys are getting out of the way so the new blood can rise.
                I will say, he certainly does have some good opposition around him to be considered great if those matchups can be made. Also, his rise in the rankings and increase in popularity could bring some much needed attention to these smaller guys who often times bring great talent and make great fights that go unnoticed.

Still, guys like Loma and Rigo, small men themselves, are guys who I think are a bit more skilled and would be more acceptable to the general public as P4P kings. I fully agree with your last notion, gonna be interesting to see how the P4P rankings look by late next year with the new talent rising to the top.
                Last edited by _original_; 09-05-2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  It would prove that P4P is what it really is -- not a popularity contest.

Very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    of course not.

Viloria is going to knock him out!
                    war viloria -- hawaiian punch #1p4p!

Comment

Working...
                    X