Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch: Groves has blown his chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I utterly ****ing despise this POS. This guy really called himself an "international superstar". ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
      The way Groves has been crying through the media/social media all week, I don't blame Froch for telling Groves to stick his rematch up his arse.
      ^ How I feel on this matter. Groves should had shut up and let the media and Froch do the talking. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
        In the aftermath of the fight Froch appeared to be willing to take on Groves again, but seems to have reversed his standpoint with an eye on taking out Ward, the only man to have beaten him.
        Kessler beat him too. ESPN don't know **** about boxing.

Comment

I don't actually think Groves needs Froch as much as Froch would need Groves.

Lets face it Froch struggled (wether you see the win as a win or not) throughout the fight including round 9 which he was losing the first portion of but then pushed on strong.

Unless he fights Ward he'll be seen as ducking Groves, and he isn't beating Ward anywhere... Anyone he faces now will also see him as ready for the taking.

Groves on the other hand is young and can say he took the divisions clear number 2 to war in the fight and was only the second person ever to take him down, and that he needed a rubbish referee decision to stop him being a world champion (i'm not saying this on personal belief but on what he'd say)

Groves can only go up from this, and Froch can only fight Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Kessler beat him too. ESPN don't know **** about boxing.
            Froch is regularly quoted as saying "Ward is the only guy to ever beat me". Frankly startling comment, Groves once said "and Kessler".

To which Froch responded "Well I avenged that loss so that scrubbed that one out."

That doesn't undo history that he's another man to beat you.

See that's what get's me about the guy, he flat out lies pretty much.

Comment

I actually think Froch will beat Groves in a rematch.

Groves I think will be reckless and Froch will be smarter. Froch will notice he does well when he puts up a high guard and come inside with hooks which caused the fight to be stopped. Froch hits hard as hell with the hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                Froch is regularly quoted as saying "Ward is the only guy to ever beat me". Frankly startling comment, Groves once said "and Kessler".

To which Froch responded "Well I avenged that loss so that scrubbed that one out."

That doesn't undo history that he's another man to beat you.

See that's what get's me about the guy, he flat out lies pretty much.
                He's just a dishonest guy. I remember in the build up to the Kessler rematch he said "fighting on the backfoot is corwardly" but he was on the backfoot against Abraham and Johnson. This guy is just full of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Story is old.

Froch will rematch him, let's not pretend otherwise.
                  Hope ur right because if he doesn't then he's scared

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    He's just a dishonest guy. I remember in the build up to the Kessler rematch he said "fighting on the backfoot is corwardly" but he was on the backfoot against Abraham and Johnson. This guy is just full of ****.
                    There's a difference between fighting on the backfoot and what Andre Dirrell did in Nottingham.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      There's a difference between fighting on the backfoot and what Andre Dirrell did in Nottingham.
                      What does that have to do with Dirrell? Froch said fighting on the backfoot is cowardly, that was an ignorant and hypocritical statement.

Comment

Working...
                      X