Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo, Ward, Kovalev, & GGG to appear on next season Game of Thrones on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo, Ward, Kovalev, & GGG to appear on next season Game of Thrones on HBO

Just kidding, it's Conor McGregor. It makes so much more sense to put a guy on from a combat sport you have no ties to. It would make absolutely no sense to feature fighters from your network on your highest rated program. Cross promotion is stupid. I mean, I understand HBO doesn't produce the show, they merely pay a licensing fee to air it. Rejecting Conor for the show would be like telling Arum what fighters he can and can't put against his guys on HBO.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/5/13844994/conor-mcgregor-game-of-thrones-appearance-ufc-champion-hbo-fantasy-george-rr-martin-mma-news

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Just kidding, it's Conor McGregor. It makes so much more sense to put a guy on from a combat sport you have no ties to. It would make absolutely no sense to feature fighters from your network on your highest rated program. Cross promotion is stupid. I mean, I understand HBO doesn't produce the show, they merely pay a licensing fee to air it. Rejecting Conor for the show would be like telling Arum what fighters he can and can't put against his guys on HBO.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/5...artin-mma-news
    Not really a guy who follows the show, but I doubt that Game of Thrones is set in a world that would've worked with Alvarez and Ward having major parts, And though they've had mute characters before, I doubt that bringing in Kovalev and Golovkin to play mutes would help anything.

Not sure how they mask the height (McGregor is all of 5'9), but an Irishman speaking in English is something that they can use in the GoT world.

Comment

that would be comedy seeing them try to talk in a british accent

Comment

Mcgregor's got the accent and mannerisms naturally to fit in game of thrones, just give him the apparel. Issue here is he's probably a horrible actor. Plus they shoot some part of GOT in Ireland, so should be accessible to Conor.

Comment

He had a lil play sparring session with The Mountain a year ago.

Comment

I'm joining the UFC
            I'm gunna rid the world of conor my damn self
            This is BOXINGSCENE not leprechaunscene

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              He had a lil play sparring session with The Mountain a year ago.
              Wtf is with the sexual music hahaha
              They got plans for after

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                I understand HBO doesn't produce the show, they merely pay a licensing fee to air it.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/5...artin-mma-news
                HBO produces the show. HBO sets approves the budget and gives writers complete freedom to write the show, but it's a HBO show:

The Sopranos
                The Wire
                Deadwood
                Oz
                Westworld
                Curb your enthusiasm
                True Blood
                Band of Brothers

and Boxing after dark all HBO shows. It makes sense they'd feature GGG show, say in Westworld as an extra or in a cameo, not Connor. One promotes the other. Just like the 90's and 00's Lampley would say don't forget to watch the finale of Oz or the Sopranos on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by BritBox View Post
                  HBO produces the show. HBO sets approves the budget and gives writers complete freedom to write the show, but it's a HBO show:

The Sopranos
                  The Wire
                  Deadwood
                  Oz
                  Westworld
                  Curb your enthusiasm
                  True Blood
                  Band of Brothers

and Boxing after dark all HBO shows. It makes sense they'd feature GGG show, say in Westworld as an extra or in a cameo, not Connor. One promotes the other. Just like the 90's and 00's Lampley would say don't forget to watch the finale of Oz or the Sopranos on HBO.
                  Yea but doesn't seem like they're interested in promoting boxing anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X