No announcement yet.

Post jail opponent for Floyd: Devon Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post jail opponent for Floyd: Devon Alexander

Devon looked better that he ever has at this new weight. If Devon continues to campaign at 147 thru the end of the year do you see him being an opponent for Floyd after he get's out of jail?

On a different note here is the boy Floyd with 50 at the NBA Foot Locker 3pt contest, rockin that Biggie Smalls sweater son!

hell no. Devon has to prove he's legit at 147. He looked good last night but keep in mind Maidana is a 140 pounder himself.

The truth is Devon fought great because it was Maidana. Devon looked just as good as he did against Urgango, which is basically the same style of fighting of Maidana but not as much power (slow, come forward, plodding fighter).

Have Devon Fight Ortiz or Berto or someone like that then talk about Floyd.

Devon should get a ton of props for his performance last night and he shut up a lot of critics but let's not get ahead of our selves. It was Maidana, who Eric Morales nearly outboxed.

Comment

Probably... justification:
      1) he's the WBC #1 contender for some reason
      2) Maidana win
      3) needs a good warm up after getting out.

IMO, Alexander doesn't have that much power at 147.

Comment

Yep, that could be a great call for that fight (if he ever goes to jail)

Comment

Nah not interested.....

Comment

Too late listen from @0:41-1:10 thinks it's going to happen, Alexander vs Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Mercury View Post
              Devon looked better that he ever has at this new weight. If Devon continues to campaign at 147 thru the end of the year do you see him being an opponent for Floyd after he get's out of jail?

On a different note here is the boy Floyd with 50 at the NBA Foot Locker 3pt contest, rockin that Biggie Smalls sweater son!

Devon will not be a good fight for Floyd in teh coming year for x3 reasons...

1.) If Bradley beats Pacquiao (WHICH I THINK HE WILL) then Devon would be a step back considering he lost to Bradley and the public would suggest that he fight Bradley not Devon..

2.) Devon fought a 140 lber. I like devon and think he has skills, but he has to put people like Berto and Ortiz on their asses to get a shot.... I like his frame now, but I dont thing he can stand to the biggers guys just yet as they hydrate and come in there 160+.

3.) Considering he quit and lost to Bradley, he's simply not ready for Floyd, and most know this... I mean even though I picked him to beat Maidana easily, most on here had written him off and considered him done just last year.....

FLOYD FIGHTS BIG NAMES. COTTO, BESIDES PAC LAST YEAR ORTIZ WAS THE BIGGEST FIGHTER IN THE DIVISION.....

Bradley can become a sensation over night though if he beats pac, or even comes with a good ass old school scrap!!!

Comment

Maidana was a good win for Alexander but I think he needs one great win over a legit WW like Ortiz Berto to get a shot at Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Mercury View Post

I should Chisora your ass just for thinking this would be a good fight. This would be a candidate for worst fight of the decade.

Comment

I don't think Golden Boy is dumb enough to put Alexander in the ring with Mayweather in just his second fight at 147. In a perfect world, Malignaggi beats Senchenko for the WBA strap and brings it back to St. Louis to defend it against Alexander.

Comment

Working...
                    X