No announcement yet.

Lampley proclaiming Kirkland/Tapia is FOTY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    I am amazed that Kirkland didn't even go down, much less get knocked out in the first round considering the shots he took. Perhaps getting sodomized by Wolfe for the 100th time has made him tougher?
    That's exactly what it is. There is a reason the moment he left Wolfe he got KO'd by someone who isn't known as a hard puncher. She builds up his punch resistance.........by beating his ass regularly lol.

Comment

FOTY is Tyson Marquez vs. Giovanni Segura.

No way does anything top that this year in my opinion. It'll get robbed though by a Showtime or HBO fight. Like how Yaegashi-Poorpramook did in 2011. ESPN went crazy when Dan chose that over Ortiz-Berto.

Comment

re

I certainly think the fight was simmering to that point where it could have been considered for FOTY, but Kirkland took over and the bout ended one sided so i do not think it can be FOTY. If Tapia was in there like in teh early rounds then may be.

Kirkland has been stopped and down before so if Tapia kept landing the bombs it would have been much more exciting, I just think the fight reached a stage where the winner was a forgone conclusion and it was just a matter of time.

Lampley and Kellerman are drama queens, they always try over hype things, ive even hear both talk about future opponents when the fight is still there to be one which is very disrespectful to the challenger.

When you watch HBO you always know who the commentry team want to win.

Mark Leroy, Kilwinning OH

Comment

It was a smart move on Kirkland to split with gbp. Now he can fight nobody's in the division for that HBO money.

Comment

Originally posted by markleroy88 View Post
            I certainly think the fight was simmering to that point where it could have been considered for FOTY, but Kirkland took over and the bout ended one sided so i do not think it can be FOTY. If Tapia was in there like in teh early rounds then may be.

Kirkland has been stopped and down before so if Tapia kept landing the bombs it would have been much more exciting, I just think the fight reached a stage where the winner was a forgone conclusion and it was just a matter of time.

Lampley and Kellerman are drama queens, they always try over hype things, ive even hear both talk about future opponents when the fight is still there to be one which is very disrespectful to the challenger.

When you watch HBO you always know who the commentry team want to win.

Mark Leroy, Kilwinning OH
            I agree about lampley and kellerman. There nothing but cheerleaders. Max "it's not to late to call your friends".
            These guys are really reaching sometimes, it's starting to become boarder line pathetic.

Comment

Working...
            X