Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo would beat Pacquiao...

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
      Crazy in his comeback from retirement, how Mayweather is able to make anyone he fights crumble under the pressure, and become hesitant/frustrated.
      You can see it all in the faces of Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, Guerrero "the what do i gotta do?" look
      The only one who was able to step up into the bright lights, pressure was Cotto. He gave all he could in that fight and did not shy away from becoming great
      We shall see from Canelo in Sept. cuz the Trout fight he died out there a little bit and got tired
      You should also see how Pac made Oscar, Hatton, Mosley and Cotto crumbled under pressure and compare it to Floyd fights against them.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
        You should also see how Pac made Oscar, Hatton, Mosley and Cotto crumbled under pressure and compare it to Floyd fights against them.
        WOW thats unreal maybe Manny should be fighting Canelo instead off B grade Rios , I mean he did all that greatness to all them there big names , I can see how your thinking ,, Floyd got no chance against the kids army !

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
          Exactly.

People seem to think how big Canelo is automatically makes him a huge puncher, but he couldn't even knock down Mosley, where as Pacquiao did, with Mosley stating at the post-fight conference that he has never felt that kind of power before and he was very hurt by the knockdown and shocked.
          Make no mistake about it Canelo is one of the top10 if not 5 biggest punchers in the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            WOW thats unreal maybe Manny should be fighting Canelo instead off B grade Rios , I mean he did all that greatness to all them there big names , I can see how your thinking ,, Floyd got no chance against the kids army !
            The only way to know how Pac will do against Oscar, Hatton and Mosley compare to Floyd performance against them is to fight them. Otherwise you guys will keep saying Oscar, Hatton Mosley will beat Pac easily. Fast forward, despite the fact Pac had only one fight at 135 to boot, Pac beat Oscar, Hatton, Mosley and Cotto easily without making a sweat while Floyd went life and death over them. Now according to these reliable facts, Pac should also beat Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
              The only way to know how Pac will do against Oscar, Hatton and Mosley compare to Floyd performance against them is to fight them. Otherwise you guys will keep saying Oscar, Hatton Mosley will beat Pac easily. Fast forward, despite the fact Pac had only one fight at 135 to boot, Pac beat Oscar, Hatton, Mosley and Cotto easily without making a sweat while Floyd went life and death over them. Now according to these reliable facts, Pac should also beat Canelo.
              I could KO Ali right now , so whats really in a name on your belt if they not what the name represents ? hypes a wonderful thing it can sell snow to Eskimos .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                He is fighting the best in the world thats pretty elite , and you will see the kid can really fight , but wait youve seen him fight before havent you , and you cant tell Canelo is A grade , I get it , you got to see big names for his wins to verify to you that he can cut it at top level , you understand he has 20 pounds on Floyd as well right , hmmmmmmm , not fit for Pac you say , but Rios is , really !
                You comparing apples to oranges. Manny is coming back after a KO.

You talk about Manny fighting and criticize ..... An even older version of Mosley had an easier time with the bigger Canelo than against Manny. With Manny, Mosley was running away. When have you ever seen Mosley run away like that for the entire fight? Against, what you called the grade A fighter, Mosley was trying to win until the end and did better.

Yes it's important to see names (resume) as that is one way you can gauge the fighter. Of course, it doesn't always work that way because styles makes fights. So you can look great against one great fighter then look average against another due to styles.

Canelo is on the upswing but he needed more time before facing a Floyd type fighter. He is going into this fight without first resolving his major issues and even taking a CW that may actually augment his known problems. Now he may get lucky and turn it around with this training camp but the odds are against that from happening ..... BUT it has happened before. Still, seeing Canelo's style, it would take several fights for him to improve to that point, if ever, IMO.

Comment

Nsb dksab.

Comment

I'd still give a current Pacquiao the edge now(the version from JMM IV) over Canelo. We all saw Canelo slip Trouts little pitter pat punches and if Canelo's stamina can't keep up with Manny's work rate it won't end up well.

Although considering the weight disadvantage, I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo could beat Manny simply by punching with Manny with those snapping combos he has shown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      Just remember, Cotto doesn't even have a right hand.
                      People don't understand that fighters with good right hands give Pac problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X